Book Now / Check Availability
Surrounded by over 3800 ha of undisturbed Big 5 Game Reserve and with terrific views of the famous Drakensberg mountains, Tshukudu Game Lodge provides a relaxed home away from home. It is located close to Hoedspruit town but secluded enough, and surrounded by stunning bushveld and free roaming wild animals. We cannot wait to welcome you with one of our signature cocktails.
Tshukudu Game Lodge has 20 spacious and tastefully decorated en-suite rooms available with all the amenities your heart can desire. Two of our units are wheelchair accessible and all our units are equipped with airconditioners to keep cool during hot summer days. You will feel right at home.
The lodge is located in a Big 5 Game reserve and has the best sightings of South African Fauna & Flora. There is no better way to experience this than joining us on one of our open vehicle game drives. Perfectly safe close encounters with the animals and educational stories about the bush and wildlife will leave you inspired. The surrounding area also has a multitude of activities to enjoy for the adventurous at heart.
- Day visitors for game drives/walks – rates on request.
- Filming Rates – on request.
Our highly skilled Guides will accompany guests in the morning and early evening in open 4×4 game drive vehicles. Their extensive knowledge and training ensures that your game experience will be unforgettable, exciting and informative. This private reserve is known for its close encounters with a vast variety of game including the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino). In addition, all game drives on the reserve coordinate their game viewing activities which ensure the best of sightings. Halfway through the early evening game drive there’s a stop for sundowners and snacks.
- Depending on their age, young children will join in open game drive vehicles for safety reasons.
Full Board Rates – 2020
R3 075.00 per person per night sharing in a standard chalet
R3 410.00 per person per night single in a standard chalet
Children 4 – 12 yrs pay ½ price of the adult rate quoted
Provision has been made in certain units to accommodate the access of wheelchairs facilitating the disabled or elderly.
Each of the 17 spacious en-suite air-conditioned units is equipped with a shower, minibar, coffee and tea-making facilities as well as a safe and hairdryer. Amenities are replenished daily.
Recliners under a canopy of thatch beckon guests to enjoy shady relaxation around the pool, which is also a prime vantage point for game viewing. A waterhole lies just beyond the perimeter of the Lodge and attracts various antelope species, elephant and buffalo. Indulge in the peacefulness of the African Bush while our trained staff brings you your favourite cocktail to enjoy.
Not your regular curio shop, you will find original treasures that have been gathered from all corners of the African continent as well as functional items such as hats, caps, beanies and T-shirts as well as postcards, toiletries, international plugs and various small trinkets that will remind you of your African Safari.
- Keep clothing colours as neutral and as light as possible, so you blend in better with the surrounding environment. Khaki, beige, brown and green are generally best, as darker and brighter colours attract unwanted mosquitoes and insects.
- During certain times of the year malaria may be more prevalent in certain areas and we therefore suggest a mosquito repellent like Peaceful Sleep or something similar. Alternatively contact your local GP regarding the necessity of malaria prophylaxis.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes for bush walks or when off the game drive vehicle.
- Meals are informal, so smart attire is not required.
- Please pack a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, flashlight and binoculars.
- Electricity at Tshukudu is a 220-volt alternating current system. Wall plug units take a round two-prong European plug. It is advisable to bring the necessary converter or adapter from your home country, should you need to charge cameras or laptops. Alternatively, international adaptors are available for purchase in the Curio Shop.
- Remember to pack your camera as well as a video camera, along with all the necessary plugs, chargers and memory cards needed.
- There is a Wi-Fi hotspot in the general public area of the veranda, reception and swimming pool. All units are also equipped with free Wi-Fi.
- Cellular phones work in most areas of South Africa and also in certain areas within the reserve, although it is not permitted to take cellular phones on game drive vehicles as they are considered an intrusion
- All our units are supplied with amenities such as soap, shower gel and shampoo. You may, however, wish to bring your favourite toiletries with you.
- The lodge offers a laundry service at a nominal additional rate.