Situated on the banks of the seasonal Monwana River the camp is an unexpected oasis of luxury and comfort in the unforgiving heat of the African bushveld. It is here where you will find the exclusive Shumbalala Game Lodge managed by a team with a friendly yet professional approach to their guests, also overseen by the family themselves.
Set under shady African trees lining the seasonal Monwana River, Shumbalala Game Lodge comprise of a select number of superior suites (4 x superior suites / 75 square metres) with privacy and luxurious comfort in mind. To ensure absolute exclusivity and privacy, the lodge prides itself in giving personalized attention to a select number of guests at a time. The spacious private suites each comprise of a bedroom and lounge, en-suite bathroom, large glass sliding doors and private viewing decks with a view over the ever active water hole. Natural colours, wooden decks and thatched roofs compliment the bushveld surroundings.
In addition to the Superior Suites our Presidential Suite is a true haven of opulence and space offering unexpected luxury and exclusivity in the African bush. The Presidential Suite, a total of 225sqm includes two full en-suite bedrooms, a private dining room, private lounge, fireplace, wrap around private deck with outside dining facilities, a private boma and private plunge pool. The understated décor is African modern while the expansive wooden decking around the suite provides a perfect platform from which to experience the spectacularly wild african game and bush.
Click the green button on the page to view all the luxuries our Superior suites and Presidential suite have to offer; thus making the optimal decision when booking.
Game drives and game walks
- Your knowledgeable and experienced ranger conducts professional early morning and later afternoon / evening game drives in an informative and relaxed fashion. Fully equipped custom built game viewing vehicles offer all the comfort and luxury for our guests. Your qualified ranger will be happy to share all their knowledge of the bush – from the prized big five (leopard, lion, buffalo, elephant, rhino) to the smaller game, plants, trees, insects and more.
- Following brunch guests are welcome to enjoy the relaxing facilities at the camp but for the more adventurous informative bush walks are offered. This is one of the best ways to experience detail of the bush that would not be possible by vehicle. These walks are conducted by your knowledgeable and experienced ranger accompanied by his tracker – both there to ensure the walks are done professionally and safely.
- Child policy (Under 12 years by arrangement & children U/6 may not join game drives unless exclusive use is taken).
Dining & Wine collection
Dinner is a sumptuous affair prepared by our in-house chef catering for your specific preferences. Depending on the weather, meals are served at a variety of locations for your enjoyment. Enjoy brunch on the veranda overlooking the riverbed, high tea on the viewing deck overlooking the water hole; enjoy the open air boma with fireplace at night time where dinner is also served. In addition there is an elegant dining room for the cooler evenings with it’s inviting lounge and fireplace. Enjoy your interaction with other guests at this time sharing the experiences of a different kind. A romantic dinner in our specially designed cellar with a view over the water hole is not to be missed during your stay. It boasts an impressive selection of local and foreign wines for your enjoyment.
Thornybush Private Game Reserve
View the Map to the Lodge: Thornybush Private Game Reserve, Shumbalala Game Lodge Map
Rates (all inclusive)
- Just click on the green button to view all our rates (including the special), room selection and make a direct booking.
- Rates: Per Person Sharing Per Night
SPECIAL: All South African and SADC residents qualify for a special rate. All meals, game drives, bush walks included. The rate does not include the drinks but is optional at R500 per person per day.
- R4 000 pppns special applicable until 15 December 2020.
- Then R6 500 pppns special applicable till 7 January 2021.
- Then R5 000 pppns special till end March 2021.