Luxury Country House on a working citrus farm, near Addo
Woodall Country House is situated in the heart of the Sundays River Valley, a mere 65km from Port Elizabeth and adjacent to the malaria free Addo National Elephant Park. It lies tucked away on a peaceful working citrus farm where miles of citrus trees bear fruit all winter and scent the air with blossoms in the springtime. It is ideally suited for nature lovers, as well as those seeking time out in the spa. The property is owner run and the locally recruited staff offer excellent, friendly, and attentive service. James and Debbie Miller look forward to welcoming you to their small piece of paradise.
Accommodation is private with exceptionally large rooms, especially the suites which have their own gardens and pools. The décor is chic, colourful and contemporary. A special feature is the beautiful garden which is alive with birds.
- Luxury Rooms – Our luxury rooms and cottages are private and spacious. There is an understated elegance and a classical feel, with each room individually designed and decorated to capture an era of bygone romance. Each room offers en suite bathrooms with separate bath and shower, as well as an outdoor shower. We also have two family units, which include a main room with annex, made up with a sleeper bed, and a shared bathroom.
- Suites – The suites have a contemporary, airy feel and are furnished using natural materials and raw silks. Each of the private suites offer understated refinement in spacious bedrooms, separate sitting and dressing areas, expansive bathrooms complete with double outdoor showers and private plunge pools.
- Family Suite – Our family suite is suitable for families or two couples travelling together. This unit has two separate bedrooms, both en suite as well as a private plunge pool. The first room is larger with bath and shower en-suite as well as an outside shower. The second room has a bathroom with double showers en-suite. There are inter-leading doors.
- Click on the green button above to view all the luxuries our accommodation have to offer.
Amenities and Facilities
- Twin or King beds, extra length / Interleading Door / En-Suite Bathroom with separate bath & shower / En-Suite Bathroom with shower
- Double Basins / Outside Shower / Patio or private courtyard / Private Plunge Pool / Sitting Area / Air Conditioning / Heating
- Electric Blankets / Mosquito Nets / Percale Linen / Bath Robes / Hairdryer /Tea/Coffee Making Facilities / Pods Coffee Maker
- Fridge / Internal Telephone System / Charlotte Rhys Toiletries / Bottled Water / Wi-Fi / Safe
The authentic Safari Experience to Addo Elephant Park (Day Tours)
Woodall’s open-topped land cruisers depart twice daily to Addo Elephant National Park. Our highly experienced and qualified guides have an intimate knowledge of the Addo area and place much emphasis on individual interests and comfort. We will also gladly assist in making reservations for safaris at our surrounding game reserves and parks.
- The following highly recommended Safaris and Drives are offered:
Morning Drive: Departs 08h00
Afternoon Drive: Departs 14h00
Rate: R1470/person including transfers, conservation fee, drinks, and snacks (6+ years).
(R1620/person from 1 September 2021)
- Minimum age for children: 6 years, unless on a private safari
Private safaris for your family or group can be arranged. Price on request
The Citrus Spa offers a unique range of treatments, inspired by the surrounding lemon, orange and grapefruit orchards. Local therapists with world class skills offer a comprehensive range of massage, health and beauty treatments. Facilities include a relaxation room, steam shower, sauna, Vichy shower, hydrotherapy bath, and a gym.
Dining at Woodall is a special experience featuring Eastern Cape flavours and textures. No effort or expense is spared to source the best of our local products: Ostrich, Karoo lamb and venison, free range poultry, freshly caught East Coast fish and local artisan cheeses. The daily menu is inspired by the unique flavours of these local ingredients, citrus harvested from the surrounding orchards, and freshly picked produce from our own herb and vegetable gardens. Complementing the menu is underground wine cellar, boasting a unique collection of fine South African wines. Our dining is exclusive to our over-night guests, giving you a unique and personal experience, against a sweeping panoramic backdrop of the lake and its abundance of birds and waterfowl.
- Breakfast – Breakfasts are farm-style with freshly made breads, pastries and muffins, a wide range of homemade jams and preserves, a variety of cheeses, yoghurt, cereals, fruit and meat assortments. Simple, stylish lunches can be enjoyed on the deck, at the pool, or on your private patio.
- Dinner – Enjoy our cheese / charcuterie platters, inspired by locally sourced ingredients, out on the deck under the African moonlight or inside our restaurant on chillier nights. Be entertained during your dinner by our very own “Piano Man” Freddie, as he fills the dining room with beautiful tunes on most nights of the week.
Woodall Farm, Jan Smuts Avenue, Addo Coordinates: -33.499355, 25.680744
Please view the detailed Map to the lodge: Woodall Country House & Spa Map 2022
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.