It is right here on the border of the Kruger National Park at the Orpen and Manyelti Gate that a unique project has been established. A semi-luxury tented camp with spacious cottage tents was built and is operated by members of the Mnisi community. This is different, this is the ultimate African rural experience. The permanent tents at The Wild Olive Tree feature a deck with a seating area and an en suite bathroom.
The Wild Olive Tree Camp comprises of 12 semi-luxury cottage tents with en-suite bathrooms. The bathrooms have hot and cold water and to contributes towards a Greener Environment the tents has no electricity but functions from Solar.
- Semi-Luxury Cottage Tent (Double bed) – Luxury cottage tent with en-suite shower bathroom. The bathroom has hot and cold water, but the tents have no electricity. It furthermore has a large boma-restaurant area situated on a meandering dry river bed.
- Semi-Luxury Cottage Tent (Twin beds) – Luxury cottage tent with en-suite shower bathroom. The bathroom has hot and cold water, but the tents have no electricity. It furthermore has a large boma-restaurant area situated on a meandering dry river bed.
Breakfast and dinners
Dinners and breakfasts are served in a dining area located right on a dry riverbed and also has a large boma-area which hosts around the fire evening dances. The surrounds is teaming with birdlife and dense bush, but to secure safety to our guests the camp is fenced off from the larger wilderness area. There is few semi tamed antelopes in the camp and the occasional leopard can be heard and seen by exception.
The camp is managed by English/Afrikaans/Dutch spoken staff. During warm days you can enjoy the pleasant water of our swimming pool, relax with a book in the hand or refresh yourself with a cold drink. We also have a lovely Spa. Small groups makes this the ideal venue to start your Kruger Park or surrounding Experience.
- Braai area
- Big lapa area
- The Wild Olive Tree Camp has a swimming pool on site
- Morning and afternoon game drives operate daily into the Manyeleti section of the Greater Kruger National Park.
- Off the R531 close to the Orpen Gate into the Kruger National Park
- Location: 31 22′ 20″ E 24 33′ 01″ S
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials, room selection and make a booking direct.
Rates include: Dinner, bed and breakfast
- Max Guests: 3 (Max 2 adults ) in a Tent
- Children: 0 – 12 years pay 50% of the sharing rate,
13 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate