Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Walkers River Camp is situated in the western corner of the Big 5 Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, on the banks of the Klaserie River, a mere 20 minutes drive from the town of Hoedspruit, Limpopo. We are fortunate to traverse well over 5000 ha of this game-rich reserve, which boasts prolific wildlife & birdlife, most of which can be seen from camp itself!
Regular visitors to the river area in front of camp include Buffalo, Elephant herds, Lions, Leopard, Hippo and Wild Dog. Situated along a water source, birdlife is also superb.
The lodge is a self-catering & exclusive-use camp, which accommodates up to 8 guests in five private suites all with baths, outdoor showers, separate toilets, air-conditioning and fan enclosed mosquito nets covering the beds. The kitchen is well equipped with 2 large fridge / freezers, an additional chest freezer, gas stove, electric oven, microwave, kettle & Nespresso machine. The sleeper wood bar area has its own large drinks fridge.
• Staff are on hand to clean bedrooms, communal areas & the kitchen and generally assist where possible. A welcoming boma fire will be waiting for you after your return from Game drive.
• Two game drives per day are offered as an inclusion in your stay.
• The camp is protected from larger game by an electric fence, however, smaller animals can gain access, so caution is important, as with any Big 5 area.
Although we do have 5 rooms, we are allowed a maximum of 8 people (Timbavati Rule). All beds at Walkers River camp are covered by nets and nearly all beds have fans mounted within them, which is a wonderful feature for keeping cool & mosquito free. Guests also love the heated under-blankets in winter.
– 3 rooms with King Size beds, bath and a double outside shower
– 1 Room with 2 Single beds, bath and a double outside shower
– 1 Family rondawel with 1 Kingsize bed, 2 Single beds and a shower
Accommodation is luxurious with 2 large fridge / freezers, gas stove, electric oven and microwave. The cozy sleeper wood bar has its own large wine/drinks fridge and CD music player.
Obtaining supplies is simple with Hoedspruit 20 minutes away – Where you will find a Spar, Pick n Pay, LE BAMBA. Staff are on hand to clean, make beds, build the Boma fire and generally assist where possible. For most self catering guests braai’s and outdoor cooking using black pots is the norm. Regarding safety, Walkers River Camp is protected from larger game with an electric fence but smaller animals can gain access so caution is important.
• Two game drives are offered per day, with a qualified Guide & tracker. However, should you feel like lounging by the pool with a drink in hand, or popping into Hoedspruit for some retail therapy – your guide will adjust the schedule to suit your group.
• Guided bush walks can be arranged.
• You can also opt for a museum visit at the Timbavati Headquarters. This world-class museum displays nearly all the species found on our reserve, as well as in other parts of Africa. Well worth the visit with your Safari Guide.
• A selection of books & board games are available in the main area, as well as WIFI (free of charge)
Self-Catered, exclusive use accommodation in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve (Min stay of 3 nights required). Serviced Daily, max. 8 guests allowed.
R22,500 per night for the entire camp (exclusive use) – Including: VAT, 2 x Game Drives per day (with a qualified Guide & Tracker) and housekeeping staff.
The Timbavati Conservation levy (charged at approx. R100 per person per night), all meals & drinks, and transfers/transportation to/from camp.
• Self-catered accommodation for max 8 persons sharing in 5 separate en suite bedrooms.
• Approximately 4 staff members who will do Housekeeping, Kitchen cleaning, provide firewood etc..
• Camp is serviced daily
• Two game drives per day in an open Game viewer, guided by a Qualified Guide & Tracker team
• Game viewing on approx. 5000 ha of Big 5, prime-game viewing traverse
• Game walks arrange-able with advanced notice, max 6 persons. (No children under 12).
• Fully equipped kitchen & air-conditioned rooms
• Amenities provided (Body wash, body lotion, insect repellent soap, toilet paper etc)
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your enquiry.