Umganu Lodge – Elephant Point [Sleeps 10 people]
Elephant Point is situated in a region renowned for its natural diversity and concentration of big game, and is undoubtedly one of the best game viewing areas in the Kruger National Park. The estate takes its name from the elephants that can frequently be seen drinking and grazing on the banks of the mighty Sabie River; so too herds of buffalo, prides of lion, leopards and numerous antelope species. Elephant Point borders the Kruger National Park and is also neighbour to the world famous and exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve, home of Mala Mala, Sabi Sabi, Londolozi, Singita, Ulusaba and others.
- The estate is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg or a short 45-minute flight.
- The estate is only a few km’s from the Kruger Gate into the Kruger National Park.
This beautiful Lodge is open to the Kruger National Park and provides uninterrupted vistas of the magnificent Sabie River which is known for attracting an abundance of wildlife.
How to get there?
- Self drive
- Fly to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – Rent a vehicle there and drive to Elephant Point – 90km.
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park – Rent a vehicle (only AVIS operates at this airport) and drive to Elephant Point – 26km
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park and pre-book a shuttle (open safari vehicle) from Elephant Point to pick you up, and drop you off at the airport after your stay. They ask R1000 per one way trip at present (2021). The telephone number to pre-book the shuttle is +27 (0)13 880 0170.
- Villa Size: 600m2
- Free WiFi / Free Parking
- Family friendly
- Five bedrooms / En-suite bathrooms
- Open-plan living area / 2 Lounges / 2 Dining tables / 2 Bars
- Covered patio / Viewing deck / Fire pit / Boma / Private heated plunge pool / Public heated pool
- Hairdryer / Safe
- Fridge/Freezer /Microwave / Stove/Oven / Pots/Pans / Kettle / Crockery/Cutlery / Toaster
- TV with DSTV
- Daily Cleaning
Rates from R13 500
- Max Guests: 10 (Max 10 adults )
- Children: Rates calculated upon room selection
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book directly with the lodge