Ubuntu Lodge – Elephant Point [Sleeps 8 people]
Elephant Point is situated in a region renowned for its natural diversity and concentration of big game, and is undoubtedly one of the best game viewing areas in the Kruger National Park. The estate takes its name from the elephants that can frequently be seen drinking and grazing on the banks of the mighty Sabie River; so too herds of buffalo, prides of lion, leopards and numerous antelope species. Elephant Point borders the Kruger National Park and is also neighbour to the world famous and exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve, home of Mala Mala, Sabi Sabi, Londolozi, Singita, Ulusaba and others.
- The estate is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg or a short 45-minute flight.
- The estate is only a few km’s from the Kruger Gate into the Kruger National Park.
Ubuntu Lodge: Designed by premier wildlife lodge architects, Nick Plewman A+A, Ubuntu Lodge eschews traditional lodge design aesthetics in favour of a contemporary Afro-chic experience. The lodge is characterised by an abundance of beautiful spaces in which to congregate in fraternity or, perhaps, retreat in solitude. Both indoor and outdoor, whether fine or inclement, there is a space that will inspire. The options for dining or lounging, entertaining or relaxing are myriad. Floor-to-ceiling, steel windows and doors flood the voluminous interiors with light, while those same doors open expansively, welcoming cooling breezes to naturally moderate the internal temperature. Four luxury master suites, with elegant bathrooms, provide superior accommodation for all guests, while in-ceiling speakers throughout provide personal or whole lodge sound, all via simple Airplay2 functionality. Ubuntu Lodge is the perfect sanctuary from which to absorb the sights and sounds of the African bush and the unique experiences the area has to offer.
4 bedrooms, 8 people, aircon, wifi, serviced, swimming pool
How to get there?
- Self drive
- Fly to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – Rent a vehicle there and drive to Elephant Point – 90km.
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park – Rent a vehicle (only AVIS operates at this airport) and drive to Elephant Point – 26km
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park and pre-book a shuttle (open safari vehicle) from Elephant Point to pick you up, and drop you off at the airport after your stay. They ask R1000 per one way trip at present (2021). The telephone number to pre-book the shuttle is +27 (0)13 880 0170.
- Crockery / Cutlery
- Family friendly
- Free WiFi
- Four bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms with private patios
- Outdoor showers
- Kitchen and scullery
- Dining area and lounge
- Fireplace, gas braai and private boma
- Living area extends to large covered patio
- Outdoor dining set
- Swimming pool
- Large covered patio overlooking the pool
- Living area with free WiFi
- Eco stove / oven
- Fridge / Freezer
- High speed WiFi
- Fully airconditioned
- Outdoor firepit
- Fans in all rooms
- Secure covered parking at residence
- Max Guests: Max 8 adults
- Children: 14 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book directly with the lodge.
Private Chef Services
Enjoy fine restaurant quality food and service in the comfort of your own lodge. Choose from a list of carefully compiled menu options, alternatively, your chef can also prepare personalized once off menus, catering for themed evenings, birthdays, favourite meals or desserts, dietary preferences and allergies. Private chef services are available throughout the week except on Wednesdays and Saturdays when the Elephant Point Boma hosts its lovely starlit dinners. Booking private chef services need to be made with 7 days’ notice.
Book pre-arrival shopping and have your items already stocked in your private villa upon arrival.
Golfing in the area
Kruger Park Lodge – Hazyview, Mpumalanaga
- Size: 9-hole
- Distance: 34,4 km
Sabie River Sun – Hazyview, Mpumalanga
- Size: 18-hole
- Distance: 36,1 km
Skukuza – Kruger National Park
- Type of Course: 9-hole
- Distance: 20,3 km