Tshukudu is one of those rare game lodges where perfection is a reality. With only 6 luxury chalets and 4 luxury suites, Tshukudu offers a romantic and intimate experience at the foot of the Pilanesberg mountains, with expansive views of the plains below. Relax in your open plan lounge and watch the game wander lazily through the bush, towards the waterhole located below the lodge. At night, after dinner, take a short walk back to your private chalet and watch the stars traverse the African sky. Situated in a malaria free area, offering game drives, bush walks, free WiFi and a swimming pool, Tshukudu is unique and memorable in every aspect.
Luxury Chalets – Sleeps 3 people, 1 Bathroom. Rate Basis: All inclusive (breakfast, lunch, evening meals and drinks included)
- Six chalets / Queen size bed / Day bed / Open plan lounge with fireplace / Sunken bath / Shower over bath / Fully-stocked minibar
- Bird books / Magazines / Plug points / Hairdryer / Tea/coffee making facilities / Safety deposit box / Balcony overlooking the waterhole
Tshukudu Suite – Sleeps 2 people, 1 Bathroom. Rate Basis: All inclusive (breakfast, lunch, evening meals and drinks included)
- Four luxury suites / King size extra length bed / Spacious lounge leading to deck with own private plunge pool
- Bathroom with free-standing bath and twin vanities / Separate indoor and outdoor shower
- Minibar / Safety deposit box / Hairdryer / Coffee pod machine / Tea and coffee station
- The Deck – Take some time out to relax on the outside couch, with a drink in hand, and 180 degree view of the Pilanesberg. Weather permitting, breakfast and high tea will be served in the lounge.
- Rock plunge pool – Nestled in the centre of the lodge is an intimate and quiet plunge pool with umbrellas, pool towels and a barman on standby. Perfect for a refreshing dip after a morning game drive or a peaceful nap in the afternoon. Drinks are on call, so make yourself at home in the lazy sanctuary of the pool area.
- Dining Room & Lounge – Dinner and High Tea are served in Dining Room. In winter, cosy up to the fireplace with a good book from our public library. Perfect for a peaceful afternoon where you can sit back and read in tranquil surroundings.
- Bush dinner – Amidst the quiet hills, about 2km from theLodge lies our enchanting boma. Guests are seated around the fire, where they can enjoy the African bush and night sky. Soup is served, followed by a plated starter and traditional South African braai (barbecue) buffet. The meal ends with a plated dessert and choice of cheeses. After dinner, guests are invited to share stories and listen to some African fables and legends. A truly unforgettable experience. Group bookings mandatory.
- Game drives and birding
Tshukudu Dining Room
- Breakfast is served on the deck or dinning room, where you can enjoy either a continental buffet or order a hot breakfast.
- High Tea (Light Lunch) is served just before the afternoon game drive and consists of something sweet and savoury to see our guests through until dinner.
- Tshukudu is renowned for its exceptional African cuisine and can be enjoyed on the main deck, in the intimate dining room, or around the fire.
- Our chef will present his 5-course menu, of which you can expect a different dining experience every evening.
- Be mesmerised by our field guides who will share their bush experiences with you over dinner.
13h30 at Bakubung for departure at 14h00.
Guest vehicles are parked in protected bays at Bakubung Bush Lodge. No private vehicles are permitted at the lodge.
There is one transfer daily to Tshukudu from Bakubung at 14h00.
Strictly at 11h00.
Guests will be transported back to Bakubung.
Tshukudu Bush Lodge is situated high on a rocky outcrop. To reach the chalets and suites, guests are required to climb 132 steps which makes the area inaccessible to the physically challenged. For any guests who may have special dietary requirements, please notify reservations at least 48 hours in advance.
The lodge facilities do not include radios, telephone, cell phone signal or televisions.
Requesting availability and book email me at firstname.lastname@example.org