Tourist Map of Hazyview
The regional map of Hazyview; Mpumalanga: Hazyview Map 2020
Introduction to the region
Hazyview, the gateway to Big 5 country and eco-adventures
Hazyview derives its name from the summer haze that covers the low bush land. The stunning beauty of the Hazyview region will forever remain in your memories. The Hazyview region has the reputation of having the best climate in the world for growing of bananas, and you’ll see rows and rows of these lovely and lush banana plantations. Sub-tropical fruit like mangoes, bananas, avocado and lichis are but of a few of nature’s delicatessens that you’ll find in the Hazyview district.
The town is midway between the spectacular scenery of the Panorama Route and the wildlife experience of the Kruger National Park. Three of the Kruger National Park’s southern gate entrances are close by:
- Phabeni Gate (only 12km)
- Kruger Gate (45km)
- Numbi Gate (16km)
The latter makes Hazyview one of the best destinations to explore both the wild and beauty.
- The area is the mecca of adventure tourism in South Africa. If you would like to go on an open 4×4 vehicle guided tour into the Kruger National Park, so too a night safari, give one of the Tour Companies in the region a call or visit our adventure division.
- Various Tour Operators provide safari tours to the Panorama as well.
- Induna Adventures can keep you busy for a week with all the activities they provide, like: Abseiling, Geckoiing, Kloofing, Mountain Boarding, Quad Biking, Wall Climbing, Horse Riding, River Rafting, Zip-lining and much more.
- Glide 1,2km with a cable trail over the canopy of the Sabie River Valley forest with the longest aerial cable in Africa (Skyway Trails).
- An absolute must is the Graskop Gorge Lift!