Thulamela B&B consists of 6 timber cottages accommodating 2 guests each, all with wooden decks and a spa bath situated in natural bush with free-roaming plains game.
The skillful blending of nature and comfort has transformed Thulamela into a place of tranquillity and an ideal honeymoon destination. Air-conditioned Log Cottages, specially designed with the rest and recuperation of city dwellers in mind, ensure that Thulamela is much more than just another tourist destination.
Our Cottages – 6 Timber Cottages
- Our cottages are all constructed out of wood and each one is located in a secluded part of indigenous bush. Careful planning and attention to details ensures your stay with us will be an enjoyable experience.
- Our cottages do have mini-kitchens equipped with fridge, microwave, 2 plate stove and tea & coffee-making facilities. We bring breakfast to you, and cater for all dietary needs. Each cottage has its own private barbecue area.
- Only cottage no 1 has a bath and shower. Cottages 2-6 only have showers. 6 air conditioned log cottages sleeping two guests each. All cottages with spa-bath on patio, 4-seater, heated, undercover. All cottages with en-suite bathrooms with shower.
- Mini-kitchens equipped with fridge, microwave, 2 plate stove and tea & coffee-making facilities.
- Breakfast: we bring breakfast to you, and cater for all dietary needs.
- Private barbecue area for each cottage – we can provide braai goodies eg. Marinated rump in Olive Oil and Verjuice, braai breads, “something green”, salad greens and fruit with a sweet treat for dessert, at an additional cost. – Charcoal and firelighters available at an additional cost.
- Mini bar for your own account – stocked with mineral water, wine (red, dry white and semi-sweet), brandy, whisky, gin, beer, iced tea, tonic, soda, coke, coke-light and fruit juice.
- Swimming pool. – Open secure parking at night. – Transfers and Safaris can be arranged.
- Special occasions: we will gladly try and meet your needs to facilitate special occasions, eg. anniversaries, birthdays, engagements, honeymoons.
Kruger National Park: 15 km from Thulamela are the Phabeni and Numbi Gates. (Kruger Gate – 45km.)
Hazyview is approximately 420km. from Johannesburg/Pretoria, a comfortable 4 hour drive including a stop. We recommend the road R40 from White River to Hazyview and not the R538. Thulamela is directly off the R40. Access Road: 200m good gravel road from main R40 tar road.
Rates – Rate is based on Bed and Breakfast
- Max Guests: 2 (Max 2 adults ) per cottage
- Children: No children allowed under the age of 16 years of age.
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book directly.