Authentic Safari Lodge within the Guernsey Private Nature Reserve
Thornhill Safari Lodge offers REAL Kruger Safaris, Big Five game drives mixed with local cultural experiences and comfortable Kruger accommodation. Thornhill Safari Lodge is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem – South Africa, a mere 40km from Kruger Park’s Orpen Gate. This area is a premier eco-tourist destination, with ever present views of the Drakensberg Escarpment.
- We offer affordable getaways with comfortable rooms and excellent facilities in 13 authentic thatch-roof chalets.
- Comfortable fabrics and local hardwood furniture all create that rustic yet stylish bush atmosphere.
- All bedrooms have en suite facilities, air-conditioning, mosquito nets and wooden decks that overlook the lodge, pool area and surrounding bushveld.
- Accommodation defined:
We have two honeymoon suites, which are perfect for the romantic getaway. Each suite offers extra-length king size beds, en suite bathroom with corner bath tubs, outside showers and air-conditioner.
Luxury Family Rooms
The luxury family rooms are suited for the family with small children that want to share a room with their parents. Offering one extra length king size bed with two single extra length beds or the room can accommodate four single extra length beds. Each luxury family room has an air-conditioner.
The standard rooms offer an intimate old safari style room with either an option of a double room with a 4 poster bed, twin rooms with two single beds or a triple room with three single beds, all standard rooms have en-suite bathrooms and are fitted with overhead fans and air-conditioners.
- Just click on the green button above to view our Chalets and amenities.
We cater for group bookings; individual guests on self-drives, fly-in safaris and honeymoon couples. Transfers can be arranged from both Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airports.
• Swimming Pool
• Viewing deck
• Lounge and reading area
• Free Wi-Fi internet connection
• Paid laundry service
We offer the following optional activities departing from Thornhill Safari Lodge:
• Big Five Game Drive
• Guided Nature Walk – included in your stay
• Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
• Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (Cheetah Project)
• Panorama Day tours
Experience a morning game walk, a full day safari in the iconic Kruger National Park, a sunset game drive in a neighbouring reserve viewing general game species or embark on an exciting Big 5 game drive, all conducted in open view vehicles.
Rates: Rates based on Fullboard
- Minimum stay of 2 nights
- Children are allowed – Rates calculated upon room selection
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates and book direct.