VOTED MOST ROMANTIC BEACH LODGE ACCOMMODATION ON THE ELEPHANT COAST
This 24-bed luxury lodge is the ideal place to connect with one of Africa’s last pristine wilderness beaches and rediscover your place in it. The 12 thatched eco-sensitive rooms, with ocean or forest views, boast an earthy elegance, and are positioned to afford maximum privacy and minimal environmental impact.
- The 12 thatched eco-sensitive rooms, with ocean or forest views, boast an earthy elegance, and are positioned to afford maximum privacy and minimal environmental impact. Thonga Beach Lodge is the ideal place to connect with one of Africa’s last pristine wilderness beaches and rediscover your place in it.
- Click the green button on the page to view all the luxuries our luxury rooms have to offer; thus making the optimal decision when booking.
- The outdoor dining deck – meals are served al fresco on the deck under the shade of giant milkwood trees.
- The indoor dining area – buffet breakfasts and luncheons are set out in the dining room. This area is also home to a permanent tea and coffee station with delicious homemade biscuits. The mezzanine level is used when weather isn’t conducive to outdoor dining.
Our Lodge Facilities
The lodge facilities are designed to enhance your experience by complementing the exquisite surrounding wilderness, with comforts of a slightly more modern nature. After a day of adventure in the sand and sea, there’s nothing better than retiring to a little barefoot luxury and a few mod cons.
- Bar: The bar and bar lounge – a fully stocked bar where delicious cocktails and specialty coffees are served.
- Beach deck: The beach deck is situated just above the dunes, where you can enjoy ice-cold drinks on wooden loungers overlooking the ocean.
- Wi-Fi lounge: A comfortable lounge area with a selection of books and board games to keep you entertained.
- Swimming pools: There is a deep pool used for scuba courses and swimming, and a shallower pool, both complete with umbrellas and cushioned loungers.
- Spa: This comprises of two indoor treatment rooms and a private outdoor treatment area in the forest, which caters for couples’ treatments.
- Marine centre: The marine centre is fully equipped with SCUBA and snorkeling gear, as well as a TV for educational or kids’ movies (shown on request).
- Curio shop: A curio shop is located in the reception area where various curios, items of clothing and necessities are available.
Barefoot Honeymoon Luxury at its best
The soft sand and sounds of the sea provide the most romantic setting in nature, perfect for your once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon. Thonga Beach Lodge is an idyllic ‘away from it all’ beach honeymoon destination, where you can enjoy each other’s company and relax after the intense and busy wedding time.
With so much on offer at Thonga Beach Lodge, you can be as busy or laid back as you like. Take romantic walks and a picnic on an endless pristine wilderness beach. Go on a SCUBA dive, or snorkel and kayak. Enjoy a couple’s treatment at our peaceful spa or request your favourite drink for a sundowner session at the edge of Lake Sibaya. Dress up for dinner and let us prepare our favourite romantic treat for you – a candlelit dinner on a deck overlooking the sea.
Address: View the detailed Elephant Coast map: Elephant Coast Map 2021
|GPS CO-ORDINATES||S27° 19’ 47.00”
|ACCESS BY ROAD||4×4 is required. Twice daily 4×4 transfers are available from LIBRODI LODGE in SODWANA BAY at 12h00 & 15h00.
4×4 Transfers are chargeable. Transfers out of the lodge at 10h30 daily.
Secure parking is available at Librodi Lodge for guest vehicles.
|NEAREST AIRPORTS||Richards Bay & King Shaka International Airport Durban Airports.|
|ACCESS BY AIR||Daily flights to Richards Bay ex Johannesburg . 3hr 30 min road transfer to lodge.
Daily regional & international flights to King Shaka International Airport 5hr 30 min road transfer to lodge.
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.