Nestled in the beautiful Hout Bay Valley, surrounded by natural forests and landscapes, The Tarragon offers visitors a unique and unforgettable experience. The location boasts uninterrupted views of the valley below and the mountains behind and, with great facilities on offer, it has become a self-catering paradise that many choose to revisit.
The Property – AWARD WINNING Luxury Cottages in Hout Bay
Our beautiful and private cottages are all situated in an exclusive estate known as Tarragona. The beautifully landscaped gardens compliment the natural splendor of its surrounds, and the large swimming pool and barbecue area (known as a “braai” in local terms) makes it the perfect location for a relaxing getaway.
Thanks to its central location, many of Cape Town’s greatest attractions are right around the corner. Within a few minutes of leaving the property you could be walking along Table Mountain’s reserve, sun-bathing on Hout Bay, Sandy Bay or Llandudno beach, taking a leisurely drive along Chapman’s Peak or wine tasting at the pristine Constantia wine estate. Drive for another 10 – 15 minutes and you’ll be at the city center and the V&A Waterfront, perfect for all your shopping and sightseeing needs!
We take pride in the cottages and every cottage comes with the following features:
- Self-contained and private / Private, outdoor terraces / Satellite TV / Free WiFi / Fully equipped kitchens/kitchenettes that are fitted with Bosch appliances / Modern bathrooms
- Fitted cupboards in the bedrooms / Hair Dryers / Top of the range alarm system connected to ADT / Digital safes / Elegantly furnished / Secure off-street parking
- Quality linen and towels / Serviced daily (except Bank Holidays) / Laundry facilities
- Additional services that we offer (at a fee): Baby sitting / Massages / Airport Transfers
- The Angelica Cottage [ sleeps 6 people ] – This wonderfully spacious cottage offers an open-plan and light-filled living area that opens up onto magnificent views that you can enjoy from your private patio. Finished in natural slate, it offers an entertainment area and outdoor seating for eight. Inside you’ll find two stunning bathrooms (one en-suite) finished in travertine. The three bedrooms are all fitted with floor-to-ceiling cupboards, with two having patio doors opening up onto breath-taking views of the valley.
- The Ivy Cottage [ sleeps 4 ] – This beautiful cottage is surrounded by natural beauty, with a private, elevated patio that offers views of the garden and pool. The two large bedrooms have patio doors leading out to the outside, with floor-to-ceiling cupboards in both. The open-plan kitchen and lounge is full of natural light and offers all the amenities that you might need during your stay. The outdoor entertainment area has seating for four, with two sun-loungers for a relaxed afternoon nap.
- The Jasmine Cottage [ sleeps 2 ] – This beautiful and private cottage overlooks a small courtyard filled with natural flora and fauna. The cottage offers an en-suite bathroom, finished in slate and fitted with halogen lighting while the open plan lounge and bedroom area opens up onto your private outdoor entertainment area that overlooks the koi ponds. The kitchen is fully equipped and offers all the necessary utilities you might need during your stay.
- The Saffron Cottage [ sleeps 2 ] – A beautiful little cottage perfect for a couple looking for a getaway! The open plan lounge and bedroom area offer plenty of natural light, while the en-suite bathroom and kitchen are fully stocked for all your needs. The bedroom also offers floor-to-ceiling cupboards. The patio doors lead out to a private outdoor entertainment area, with views of the garden and pool.
- The Thyme Cottage [ sleeps 6 people ] – This cottage is perfect for larger groups as it offers a spacious lounge and dining area finished in natural slate. The dining area offers a large oak dining area with seating for six. The kitchen is fully equipped for up to 6 people, giving you peace of mind during your stay. The patio doors open onto the outdoor entertainment area that overlooks the garden and pool. There is also seating for eight, all shaded by natural slats. The three separate bedrooms all include en-suite bathrooms finished in slate, with floor-to-ceiling cupboards in all rooms. Two of the rooms also have patio doors leading to the outside area.
- Click the green button on the page to view all the luxuries our five luxury self catering cottages have to offer; thus making the optimal decision when booking.
21 Hunters Way, Hout Bay, Cape Town
Rates – Per unit per night / Minimum stay 3 nights
- Children of all ages welcome / Wheelchair access
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.