The Property – Self Catering & Bed and Breakfast
Stable Cottages is situated eight kilometres from the main entrance to Addo Elephant National Park and less than an hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth, in the magnificent malaria-free Sundays River Valley. Set in four hectares of expansive lawns are the six Stable Cottages. These very spacious Cape country-style cottages all feature reeded ceilings and private verandas. Two of the cottages are family suites, with a separate interleading bedroom for the children. All the cottages are fully air-conditioned and heated and include stocked minibars and tea and coffee-making facilities. In front of the cottages is a large 12-metre swimming pool, as well as the wine bar with wonderful wide verandas where guests have their breakfast. The cottages are great for families; there is lots of space for children to run and play and there is also a fully equipped playroom, including TV and DVD player with a selection of DVDs, at the wine bar. The cottages are great value for money offering comfort, style and plenty of space.
Standard Stable Cottages [ Maximum 2 guests] Our cottages all consist of a main bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower only).
- Large country-style bedrooms filled with elegant decor and practical amenities, with en-suite bathrooms and private verandahs featuring dining tables, soft couches and benches.
- Features: King size or twin beds, all extra length; en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Amenities: Air- conditioned and heated, Premium bedding, Free Wi-Fi, Hairdryer, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries, In-room safe, Minibar and tea/coffee facilities
Two Family Stable Cottages [Maximum 4 guests] Cottage consists of a main bedroom with inter leading section with two additional single beds -ideal for young families. En suite bathroom (shower only).
- Main bedrooms encompassing understated luxury, with inter-leading sections containing two single beds ideal for young families. Cottages feature en-suite bathrooms and private verandahs.
- Features: King size or twin beds, all extra length / Two additional single beds / En-suite bathroom with shower.
- Amenities: Air- conditioned and heated / Premium bedding / Free Wi-Fi / Hairdryer, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries / In-room safe / Minibar and tea/coffee facilities
- Click on the green button above to view the luxuries our Cottages have to offer.
Facilities at the property and close by
- Swimming pool
- Polo – Two kilometres away from the Elephant House is the Addo Polo Club where polo is played in the cooler winter months and cricket in summer.
- 24 hour electricity
- Malaria free destination
- Golf – Kirkwood, which has a beautiful golf course, is a 30 km drive through the valley.
Self Catering & Bed and Breakfast
- Breakfast: Our traditional farm breakfast is served every morning in one of our relaxed settings until 11am.
Children under 4 years stay free.
Babysitting is available on request.
Check-in: 1:00 PM / Check-out: 10:00 AM
Off the R335, Addo
Please view the detailed Map to the Stable Cottages: Stable Cottages Map 2022
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.