The Property – Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate
Stepping into the lodge is much like entering an eclectic art exhibition, it’s inspiration stemming from around the globe, there is attention to detail in each and every aspect of this brand new boutique B&B. The lodge and living spaces are draped in luxurious finishes and fine art, from a 55-piece collection of renowned Ardmore ceramics to an array of Lionel Smit paintings and sculptures – Safari Moon provides a cultured and
Accommodation – 6 Stylish Suites
There are 6 stylish suites to choose from during your stay, named after different wildlife species that can be seen in the estate and around the lodge. Every room has its own charm, style and story, not forgetting a vibrant collection of both international and African art. One can expect a luxurious and tranquil space to revitalise and rediscover one of South Africa’s most sought after safari destinations.
Guests can expect a luxurious and tranquil space to relax and unwind in nature. Room facilities include:
- Private Outdoor Decks or Raised Open Balconies / Sun Loungers & Seating Areas / Air-con & Fans / Four Poster / Extra Length King Size Beds
- 100% Cotton Sheets / Feather Pillows & Duvets / Coffee Machine & Tea Station / Large bar fridge which can be stocked in advance with your preferred goodies
- Africology Amenities / Hairdryer / International Plug Points / Spacious Storage, Hanging Space & Safety Box / Complimentary Hi-Speed Wifi
- Mosquito Spray & Hand Sanitiser / Spacious Bathrooms, Vanity Basins, Outdoor or Indoor Rain Showers
- Victorian Claw, Freestanding Stone or Built-In Bathtubs / Complimentary Sherry
- Click the green button on the page to view all the luxuries our Lodge have to offer; thus making the optimal decision when booking.
- Communal Pool / Sun-loungers / Secluded Indoor / Outdoor Lounge Areas / The Safari Moon Bar / Braai Area / Cosy Boma / Stylish Seating Area
- Self-Serve Coffee Machine / Tea Selection / Rusks (Complimentary) / Tapas-Style Platters are available to order during lunch. R320pp & (Min x2 Guests)
- The Dining Experience | Dinner Set-Menu 3-Courses | R450pp /Cooking Demonstrations with Nicola (Min x4 Guests)
- Can cater to all tastes and dietary requirements including Gluten free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian & Vegan.
Breakfast and Dining
Safari Moon may be a bed & breakfast lodge, but during your stay you can sample the different dining experiences. Tapas-style platters can be ordered at lunch, consisting of a gourmet spread which includes a variety of homemade dips, pâtés, breads, cheeses, pickles and salads. Best paired with a bottle of Creation wine, and can be served by the pool or to your room. Leaving the lodge for the day? Packed breakfasts and homemade picnic lunches can also be arranged to take with you on any self-drive excursion or day trip.
Dinners are a lavish affair and are usually served communally under the Ardmore collection, alfresco on the deck or fireside in the boma. Nicola’s flair for flavour, presentation and winning combinations is what makes the food here so enjoyable. Theres something for all and no matter the dietary requirement or intolerances everyone can be catered for at Safari Moon. Depending on the South African season, Nicola changes up the menu, with lighter dishes like gazpacho, pink picked salads, and sorbets in the scorching summer months and wintertime it’s all about the sumptuous potjies, creamy chicken pies, and spiced poached pears.
Utilising only the best local ingredients, simple, yet quality dishes are served at Safari Moon.
372 Kierieklapper Street; Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate
Rates – Per person sharing per night
- (Lunches, Dinners & Demonstrations must be pre-booked in advance)
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book direct.