The Property – Award Winning accommodation in Hazyview
Relaxed and Comfortable. Fine Food. Family-friendly Hospitality.
Delicious food and affordable, awarding-winning, family-friendly, comfortable lodge accommodation in a bush setting. In the heart of the Mpumalanga Lowveld and Panorama Route near Hazyview, South Africa – just a 10-minute drive from the Phabeni Gate of the Kruger National Park.
The rooms at Rissington Inn all have their own individual characters and have en-suite bathrooms and a full range of facilities.
- Combretum and Kapok – Our two smallest rooms – each air-conditioned unit features a queen-size bed, small veranda and bathroom with shower. Please note that budget rooms do not have televisions.
- Frangipani, Kiaat, Marula and Matumi – Each spacious room features a super king-size or two queen-sized beds, bathroom with double shower and verandah with daybed overlooking the valley.
- Saligna, Euphorbia and Camelfoot – Situated in the shady, thatched former-tobacco barn, these spacious rooms are next to the main house. Cool in summer and warm in winter, each features its own verandah.
- Baobab, Mahogany and Kigelia – Featuring long views straight down the valley with their own verandahs, these spacious rooms come furnished with a queen-size and single bed. Light and airy, each has a Victorian bath in the bedroom and shower in the bathroom.
Garden Suites: These rooms are suitable for 2, 3 or 4 people
- Sycamore and Ivory – Very spacious air-conditioned room with large private verandah and long valley views. Features super king-sized bed with fine 100% cotton percale sheets (Ivory has an extra single bed). The bathroom has a Victorian bath and walled-off outside shower with a full range of facilities.
- Acacia, Coral, Ebony and Teak – Thatched units surrounded by trees and shrubs – light and airy, these rooms have high roofs. Each room features a Victorian bath and walled-off outside shower with a full range of facilities. Acacia & Coral have a super king-sized bed and a single bed all with fine 100% cotton percale sheets. Acacia also offers wheelchair access. Ebony and Teak have two queen-sized beds all with fine 100% cotton percale sheets.
- Pumalanga and Shonalanga – Both are ideal for families or those travelling together, and each suite is able to accommodate from 2 – 5 people. Each suite has 2 en-suite bedrooms, a Victorian bath and outside shower, a spacious sitting room, large stoep and sun terrace. The two suites share a private swimming pool and the best views of the property.
- Click the green button on the page to view all the luxuries our luxury rooms have to offer; thus making the optimal decision when booking.
Breakfast & dining
Rissington’s dining room can seat approximately 30 people and offers a table d’hôte (prix fixe) menu with three or four choices changing daily and picked from an extensive array of wonderful warming soups, interesting starters, a variety of trout dishes, fine curries, some game, the best fillet steak in the land and a range of local African, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and child-friendly dishes. The link to our former (à la carte) menu offers an idea of some of the dishes you may expect to appear on the table d’hôte menu during your stay
Rissington offers a swimming pool and a wide range of family-friendly games including badminton, volleyball. croquet and a golf pitching patch and green, as well as boules (pétanque), table-tennis and a pool table. Plenty of outdoor fun, treasure hunts and bird-spotting walks for the whole family.
We offer fun nature walks around the property, bird-watching, small mammal-spotting, checking the bushcam and monitoring the recycling den. We also offer the chance for youngsters to join the chefs in the kitchen to learn some handy recipes. Children are never bored at Rissington!
Rissington’s bar is home to many an interesting tale – a great place to enjoy a relaxing drink, discuss the day’s events or kick of your shoes and read the newspapers. A wide range of local and imported beers, wines and other drinks on offer.
S 25º 03’27.26″
E 31º 07’35.83″
Children are more than welcome.
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book direct.