THE ULTIMATE IN AUTHENTIC SAFARI LUXURY
Situated in the big five Manyoni Private Game Reserve, Rhino Sands Safari Camp is a five-star tented luxury safari destination designed to bring an authentic safari experience in traditional East African style to Kwa-Zulu Natal. Rhino Sands is ecofriendly and has been constructed with minimal disruption to the natural forest, highlighting rather than dominating the surrounding environment. Electricity runs entirely on a solar installation. Offering organic coffee and teas, wines produced using biodynamic methods, seasonal menus, and biodegradable and organic amenities, the environment and our impact upon it has been considered with every decision made in running Rhino Sands.
Accommodation: Four Luxury Safari Tents
- Guests can stay in one of four luxurious custom-built private tented suites located amid beautiful riverine forest, each featuring a private living area, outdoor shower, and swimming pool.
- Each tent opens completely on three sides so guests can immerse themselves in the wilderness experience.
- All tents have stunning views of the river bed below.
- The camp has been designed and decorated with an emphasis on the romance of the classical safari experience, with a nod towards traditional safari styling but including all the modern luxuries.
- Click on the green button above to view all the luxuries our Private Tent Suites have to offer our guests.
The Main Camp and amenities
The entire camp is set under canvas upon wooden platforms within the riverine forest. The main camp area features a reception office, casual bar lounge space, formal lounge, and both formal and casual dining areas. There is also a large boma area complete with bush oven for guests to enjoy dining fireside beneath the stars.
The authentic Safari Experience
- The goal at Rhino Sands is for each guest to experience every day on safari as a unique and exciting adventure, and our team has been empowered to create this feeling for them. We want to share with our guests the special part of safari that our team has fallen in love with…things like bush picnics, riverbed braais, and decadent sundowner stops.
- Each day will be a little different from the day before and we hope to inspire our guests to take these special opportunities to truly appreciate the magic that the African bush holds.
- Game drives on the reserve are regulated and coordinated by the ecotourism businesses to minimize the impact on the environment and the stress on the animals and to provide guests a better and more intimate game viewing experience.
Address: Within the Manyoni Private Game Reserve. Coordinates: -27.7613186, 32.0961402
Please view the detailed Map to the lodge: Rhino Sands Safari Camp Map 2022
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.