A ONE-OF-A-KIND PRIVATE AND INTIMATE SAFARI
Rhino River Lodge is a family-owned and operated Big 5 safari lodge located in the magnificent Manyoni Private Game Reserve. Rhino River Lodge is a relaxed family-style safari lodge with a reputation for excellent customer service and superior value for money. Join us for our game drives, where you will be guided by a knowledgeable ranger in one of our open safari vehicles and have the chance to see the Big 5 and many other African animals, birds, and wildlife. Enjoy hearty South African cuisine highlighting local ingredients, served under the stars around a campfire. Indulge in a comfortable night’s sleep in one of our well-appointed rooms, chalets or private safari homes. Join us in experiencing South Africa at its best, amongst untamed nature and warm hospitality.
Rhino River Lodge offers three types of accommodation to suit our guests’ various needs. Guests can choose from double en-suite luxury rooms, family chalets or one of our two-bedroom private safari homes (the Cottage and the Homestead). The camp accommodates a maximum of 24 people at any time. All accommodation types feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, private verandahs, mosquito nets, coffee and tea making facilities, and a fully-stocked minibar.
- Deluxe Rooms – Our most traditional style of accommodation is our four en-suite luxury rooms. The rooms are decorated in a modern rustic style with newly renovated bathrooms. Each room has either one king sized bed or two single beds covered by a large mosquito net, a sitting area, and a private veranda.
- Family Loft Chalets – For small family that would like to share accommodation or groups of friends that would like a little extra space, we can offer our family chalets, which can accommodate up to four people each. Each log cabin-styled chalet has two double bedrooms (one is a second story loft-style room), a shared bathroom with bathtub, an open plan living area, and a private boma. We have two family chalets available.
- The Cottage – Guests that desire a little extra space and seclusion can book this traditional thatched house. This private safari home is reminiscent of a British cottage with a nod towards African-inspired decor. The house can accommodate four guests in two en-suite bedrooms, complete with air conditioners and stunning views. The Cottage features a cozy lounge and dining room as well as a fully functional kitchen. The covered verandah and private swimming pool overlooking the Msunduze River are the star features of this comfortable house-the perfect spot to enjoy family or friends while taking in the sights and sounds of the Zululand bush.
- The Homestead – The ultimate option to stay in privacy and luxury is Rhino River Lodge’s exclusive Homestead. This stylish contemporary two-bedroom safari home can accommodate up to four guests. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with bathtub and features an outdoor shower. Stacking doors in the spacious lounge fully open onto a private deck at the edge of the camp‘s boundary with un-touched bushveld views. This modern-styled home was designed to highlight the natural surroundings. The Homestead is equipped with a fully functional open plan kitchen, air conditioning, and a private plunge pool overlooking the Msunduze River bed.
- Click on the green button above to view all the luxuries our accommodation facilities have to offer our guests.
The Main Camp and dining
The lounge and dining room at Rhino River Lodge are set high on the banks of the Msunduze River lined with magnificent Sycamore Fig and Fever Trees. A favourite with all of our guests is spending time in our Boma enjoying an evening cocktail around the campfire, swapping stories of their adventures in the bush. These evenings are a magical part of every guest’s experience, taking in the smells of the campfire, the sounds of the African night, and the splendour of an unpolluted starry sky. Our kitchen specializes in offering cuisine that features traditional South African flavours dishes and cooking styles and our wine list has been hand-picked to provide our guests with a selection of some of the finest affordable wines that South Africa has to offer.
The authentic Safari Experience
While on safari at Rhino River Lodge you will have the opportunity to see lions, rhinos, elephants, cheetahs, wild dogs and much more as you are guided through the Big 5 Manyoni Private Game Reserve by one of our knowledgeable game rangers.
- Your day will begin just before the sun rises as guests meet up at the main lodge area for a cup of coffee or tea and freshly baked muffin before hopping on one of our game drive vehicles at first light. The morning game drive is about three hours long with a midway coffee break where guests can stretch their legs, have a hot beverage and snack on home-made goodies, like our famous cookies and rusks.
- Upon returning to camp join us for a full English-style breakfast served to order. After breakfast the day is yours to relax, either at our lodge pool, our lounge, or in the comfort of your room. Alternatively, if you are staying in one of our private safari homes, enjoy all the luxuries and amenities they have to offer as you soak up the surrounding wilderness in privacy and seclusion. At approximately 1:30 a light lunch is served.
Please view the detailed Map to the lodge: Rhino River Lodge Map 2022
Address: Within the Manyoni Private Game Reserve:
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.