The Property – Qambathi Mountain Lodge
We are an owner run adult only 4 star boutique lodge and nature reserve nestled in the heart of Kamberg Valley, Drakensberg, part of the beautiful Midlands Meander. Qambathi has a magical atmosphere and it is a truly romantic setting surrounded by Drakensberg Mountains and valleys. Excellent service supports the superb cuisine and is sure to turn any day into a fairytale experience.
The Chill Lounge and Pool Deck area offer panoramic views, ideal to enjoy a late afternoon sundowner or to simply relax in the sun. Enjoy the Qambathi forest trail taking you deep into one of the last remaining indigenous forests in the Kamberg valley or a casual walk on the existing game trails to enjoy the beautiful views where zebra and blesbok keep you company.
Great care has been taken to create unique and inspiring luxury accommodation, where you can sink into total comfort of meticulously designed rooms defined by a blend of nature’s colours and contemporary use of natural materials with luscious textures. A total of only five suites makes Qambathi a very personal and stress free oasis. The garden rooms have their own private decks with hanging chairs overlooking the gardens and mountain.
- Two Lodge Rooms – Both lodge rooms have king size handmade camphor beds, en-suite bathrooms with bath and shower and direct access to the main lodge, pool deck and bar.
- Three Garden Suites – Each of the three open-plan suites have a luxurious en-suite bathroom and a private deck with hanging chairs to enjoy the views of the gardens and mountains.
- Qambathi Horse Trails – We have horses and trails to suit beginners to advanced riders. Safety, comfort and enjoyment, for both horse and rider, are our priorities. Our horses are well schooled, not your “nose-to-tail” trail horse and our experienced guides will offer instruction throughout your horse ride. Our trails are all scenic and cover a variety of terrain, so whilst safe, they are also entertaining.
- Yoga @ Qambathi – Nadia (your hostess) is a 300H RYT Hatha, Mandala Vinyasa and Yin Yoga Qualified Instructor. Her classes focus on the holistic aspects of yoga and are suitable for beginners and regular practitioners alike. Nadia believes that yoga is not reserved for a specific body type or just for the flexible people. Yoga is for every body and anyone can come to the class and enjoy the session.
- Wine Tasting – Never say no to your mum and to a glass of wine, is our life’s motto. We can arrange a tasting of some of our favourite wines as well as wine, cheese and food pairings.
- Kamberg Rock Art Centre – Just a short drive from Qambathi takes you to Kamberg Rock Art Centre where you can admire the ancient San Bushmen Cave Paintings and learn about their history and culture.
- Nature – At Qambathi Nature Reserve we are joined by Red Hartebeest, Bushbok, Springbok, Blesbok, Serval, Impala Porcupine, Mongoose, Zebra, and much, much more.
- Trout fishing –Enjoy those long peaceful hours by the water casually sipping beer? Or maybe you’re just looking for an excuse to get away from the wife for a few hours. Whatever your reason trout fishing in the Midlands is THE THING to do.
- Golf – Set in The Little Berg mountain range with the Little Mooi River running through, Glengarry’s 9-hole, par 33 golf course is great fun. It’s challenging design brings all that nature has to offer into play while the neat fairways and greens run true.
- Picnics and Romantic Dinners – Picnic on a mountaintop or a romantic private dinner – nothing is a problem just ask us in advance.
- …. and so much more
Dining @ Qambathi
Dining is a culinary journey at Qambathi, a journey that reflects and celebrates local South African flavours. At Qambathi we want the food to provide a treat for your taste buds, nourishment for your body and a feast for the eyes. As with everything we do we want to remain conscious of our environmental footprint. This is why we pride ourselves in sourcing local organically grown produce and support garden to table approach. We are also fully catered for any vegetarian and vegan guests.
- Garden Suite: Prices from R1500 pppn Breakfast * R1900 pppn Breakfast and 5 course dinner
- Lodge Room: Prices from R1300 pppn Breakfast * R1700 pppn Breakfast and 5 course dinner
Qambathi can host up to 14 people – why not gather your closest friends and family and book Qambathi out exclusively. Massive discounts offered for exclusive hire. Our adult only policy does not apply for exclusive hire. Contact us now to get a bespoke quote.
Qambathi Mountain Lodge, Mpofana Road, Kamberg Valley Drakensberg, Kwazulu-Natal
To book visit our web site: https://www.qambathi.com/
Contact us: +27 (0)82 774 8164 or +27 (0)66 002 4852
Map of the region: Drakensberg, Clarens, Lesotho, Midlands Meander Map 2020