Guest House in the Heart of the Panorama
Come and enjoy our relaxing country getaway, nestled in the mountains at the heart of the beautiful Panorama Route, yet only 5 minutes from Sabie village and 40 minutes from the Kruger National Park. One kilometer of winding gravel road leads you up from the Sabie River valley to the seclusion of Porcupine Ridge Guest House, surrounded by rambling bird-filled gardens and dramatic mountains. Part of the original gold mining village, our historic home has been extensively remodelled to create a stylish, informal retreat for lovers of life in the slow lane.
Accommodation – Luxury 4 Star B&B Accommodation
We have created Porcupine Ridge as the kind of B&B we like to stay in ourselves. A friendly welcome, charming accommodation and indulgent alfresco breakfasts are our hallmark. Expect the highest standard of housekeeping, the most comfortable beds and the tastiest breakfast we can muster. Think free range eggs, locally grown coffee, fresh tropical fruits and home-made preserves. We buy the best quality, don’t cut corners and pay attention to tiny details. We hope it shows.
- Porcupine Ridge has been awarded 4 Stars in the Guest House category by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa every year since 2008.
- Five Stylish Bedrooms
- Our five stylish bedrooms have quality Queen or Twin (3/4) beds with white percale linen, pure silk duvets in summer and cosy duck-down duvets in winter. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with generous bath sheets and top range toiletries. The two Superior Rooms are extra spacious, have garden and mountain views, mini bars, complimentary sherry and chocolates plus other little extras.
All Bedrooms Include
- Beverage Tray (Teas, Coffee, Hot Chocolate & Rusks) / Safe / Refrigerator / Hairdryer / Electric Blankets / Ceiling Fan / Wall Heater
- Dressing Table/Desk / Well Lit Mirrors / Wardrobe / Seating Area / Extra Blankets & Pillows / International Electric Socket / Free Info & Maps
- Our cosy home from home is a place to kick back and indulge in the quiet rhythm of nature. Relax in our comfy guest lounge, enjoy the fresh mountain air from our deep covered verandas, wander our rambling garden and listen to the birds or take a leg-stretching walk up the hill to see our secret waterfall.
- Free WiFi throughout / Secure parking / Honesty Bar / Laundry service / Guest Lounge with satellite TV / 8000 m2 garden / Our own spring water on tap
- Hiking & birding on the estate / Comprehensive birding list / Private waterfall within walking distance / Large selection of books, games, cards & jigsaws/ Tours arranged
Room Rates are all Per Person Per Night and include a generous English or Packed Breakfast
- Children: 6 – 11 years pay 75% of the sharing rate,
12 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view room selection, availability, rates, specials and book direct.