Ngama meaning ‘place of the eagles’ is a delightfully intimate, family run tented safari lodge, that offers a true African experience. Where guests fall asleep to the sounds of the bush and are pampered with the warm hearted service that embodies the soul of Africa.
Sharing borders with the renowned Thornybush and neighbouring the famous Kruger National Park, guests are invited to experience the exhilaration of Big Five sightings or take part in some special interest safari’s such as walking or birding around the beautiful bushveld of Guernsey Private Nature Reserve.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the African sun, indulge in authentic traditional cuisine, head out on early morning game drives or escape from it all by exploring the natural beauty of the bushveld from a hot air balloon. Unwind and relax in one of our 6 modern, tented suites which offer a tranquil escape for city dwellers and travellers alike.
- Tented Chalets with shower and bath (sleeps 2; 4 of them) – Luxury Tented Chalet with king size bed, ensuite bathroom, free standing bath, inside and outside shower, tea and coffee station and private deck. A maximum of two guests can be accommodated in this unit.
- Tented Chalets with only a shower (sleeps 2, only 1 unit) – Luxury Tented Chalet with king size bed, ensuite bathroom, shower, outside shower, tea and coffee station and private deck. This chalet can accommodate a maximum of two guests.
- Tented Chalet (sleeps 4, only 1 unit) – Luxury Tented Chalet with king size bed, ensuite bathroom, shower, outside shower, tea and coffee station and private deck. This chalet can accommodate a maximum of two guests.
- Ngama Bush House (sleeps 8) – The Exclusive use Ngama Bush House, the perfect place to sit back and take in the beauty of the natural environment or explore the surrounding attractions.
Book the house as a self-catering unit or include meals catered for at Ngama Tented Safari Lodge.The thatched house is surrounded by large Marula and Sausage trees and is set around a raised deck with an inviting pool where you can cool off and spend time with friends and family. The Bush house can sleep up to 8 people and has 3 bedrooms, 1 loft, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, TV/dining room, deck, swimming pool and garden. 1 bedroom is completely separate at one end of the deck and has its own bathroom. The central building consists of 2 bedrooms and 1 loft, which share 1 bathroom. The kitchen is located in the central building. The TV/dining room is separate at the other end of the deck. All the buildings open out onto the central deck area where the pool is located. There is a shaded garden in front of the house with a fire place/braai area. The kitchen is fully equipped and all linen and bedding is provided. The house is cleaned on a daily basis. There is WIFI access at the house and DSTV. While staying at Ngama Bush House you have a full range of activities on offer such as guided bush walks and game drives. There are also a great selection of attractions close by, allowing you the opportunity to explore the area during your time spent at Ngama Bush House.
- Just click on the green button to view our various stay options (amenities defined) to make your optimum decision when booking at our Lodge.
The Lodge & Dining
The sundeck around the pool in the lodge area is the perfect place for those who just want to sit back, relax and enjoy the African sun. Dinner and breakfast are enjoyed outside on one of the decks or around the fire on a chilly winter’s night. Our boma creates a truly memorable atmosphere where guests enjoy dinner while taking in the sounds of the African bush. Where ever you chose to spend your time at Ngama Tented Safari Lodge, the experience is always completed with the warmest of African hospitality.
Enjoy the romance of canvas, with sounds of the wild and flickering lanterns lighting the camp grounds. Feel the bushveld breeze into your tent or enjoy a view of the great outdoors from the luxurious bathtub.
Nestled comfortably on the Lowveld plain in Limpopo, Ngama’s beautiful landscape is home to an abundance of wildlife and natural plant species.
- Kruger National Park Full Day Tour – Wake up early and join a guided tour into the internationally renowned Kruger National Park. Enjoy a full day exploring a reserve that boasts the most diverse game viewing experience in Africa. *Self-drive trips into Kruger National Park are also possible
- Bush Walks – Ngama’s knowledgeable guides are at hand to help you explore the natural wonders and discover the abundance of wildlife in Guernsey Private Nature Reserve. Early morning bush walks are the perfect way to take in all the fascinating small things, wonderful variety of birdlife or spot some animals.
- Massage Treatments – Combine the soothing sounds of nature with the therapeutic benefits of a massage, the perfect recipe to allow you to relax and unwind. The treatments take place in our secluded massage tent where you will enjoy a peaceful, calm and rejuvenating experience.
- Game Drives in Big Five Reserve – Game drives in a Big Five Reserve can be arranged for the early morning or late afternoon. A safari in this pristine wilderness is always a surprisingly unique experience where anything can happen. The open game drive vehicle lets you immerse yourself completely into the sights and sounds of this beautiful reserve. Track the Big 5; enjoy the different behavioural interactions between Africa’s most prized game.
Children from 6 years and up are welcome.
Address: Guernsey Private Nature Reserve
Rates – Rates based on Dinner, Bed & Breakfast (The Bush House can be hired as Self Catering or Dinner, bed & Breakfast)
- Children: 6 – 12 years pay 50% of the sharing rate,
13 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials, availability and book directly.