The Property – Tented Safari Lodge
Nambu Camp is located in the big five Balule Private Game Reserve in the heart of the Greater Kruger, 16.2 km outside of Hoedspruit. The Eastgate Airport is a short 45-minute drive away, making it easily accessible for fly-in guests, while many might choose to self-drive from Johannesburg, which is a scenic 5-hour drive away.
- Nambu camp has a total of 6 safari-style bedrooms and can accommodate up to 12 people. The rooms are well equipped for a stylish and comfortable stay in the bush, each room has air-conditioning and overhead fans as well as tea/coffee making facilities.
- Comfortable king size beds with modern and stylish bathrooms which look out to the bushveld behind. Winding wooden pathways lead the way from the main camp, through the lush gardens and to the secluded rooms, nestled into the bush.
- Just click on the green button to view our various Safari-style bedrooms (amenities defined) in making your optimum decision when booking at our Lodge.
Each room at Nambu has the following facilities
- King size bed (Twin bed on request) / Shelf / Hanging space
- New modern bathrooms with double showers & basins
- Tea / Coffee making facilities /Air-conditioning / Overhead fan
- Bathroom amenities supplied /Laundry available on request / Daily turndown service
- Outside seating area / patio
The Main Camp
Originally a family home, Nambu was built on an old anthill overlooking the landscape. Nambu’s spacious viewing platform overlooks a dry riverbed and waterhole where many of the bushveld’s inhabitants come to visit, from herd of elephants, towering giraffes, to the nocturnal and elusive predators. Spend the afternoons cooling down in the swimming pool, relaxing on the sun loungers or bird-watching around the camp’s gardens.
- Swimming pool located on lower deck with waterhole views
- Shaded and comfortable lounge areas on both upper and lower decks, perfect for wildlife viewing
- Lodge boma area and fireplace / Fires are lit before the evening meal is served.
- Daily turndown service / Laundry available upon request
- Wifi available at the lodge
At Nambu we not only offer game drives but also morning bush walks where you can gain a more in depth understanding of the wildlife and landscape that surrounds you, everything from the tracks to the trees.
Game Drives: A 3hour morning / 2hour afternoon safari in a big five private concession in the Balule Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger.
Morning Walk: During your stay there is an option to swap out one of the morning safari drives for a morning walk. Head out at sunrise, walk through the riverbed and along to the river. There are many archaeological sites dotted throughout the reserve so walking allows you to explore these areas and different artefacts from hand axes, milling stones to soap stones which date back to the late stone age between 9,000- 12,000 years old.
When entering Hoedspruit, turn left to Phalaborwa on R40. Travel 16.2 kilometers on the R40 to reach the Balule – Olifant’s West Gate on your right. Turn right into the Balule boom gate. The gate guard will ask your destination: Nambu Camp. You will be asked to fill in a visitor’s permit and to make a payment of R90 per car and R220 conservation fee (per person).
- Max Guests: 2 (Max 2 adults ) per unit
- Children: 8 – 11 years pay 80% of the sharing rate,
12 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
- RATES INCLUDE: Full Board & Activities – Accommodation, three meals a day. Activities (bush walks & game drives). Teas & coffees.
- RATES EXCLUDE: All beverages, transfers & additional activities not mentioned. Gate fee of R90 per vehicle and Conservation levy of R220.00 per person. **Please note that gate fees and conservation levies can not be prepaid and have to be paid directly at the gate on day of arrival**
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book directly with the lodge.