Welcome to Mpeti Lodge, a place to relax and rejuvenate yourself while enjoying the beauty of nature right on your doorstep. Mpeti Lodge is an absolute sanctuary for the mind & body. From majestic sunrises to magnificent game drives and a feast of contemporary culinary cuisine, Mpeti Lodge never ceases to amaze and delight.
Mpeti Main Lodge
- Mpeti’s Main Lodge consists of 6 luxurious Deluxe suites and 1 Executive suite, with its own exclusive Jacuzzi.
- All suites have their own patios and are naturally enclosed by the beautiful Zululand Bushveld.
- The suites have been positioned to optimise the views and magnify the naturally striking, yet serene environment.
- It is the perfect place to relax & enjoy the elegance that nature has to offer. All suites are stylishly fitted and come equipped with king sized beds, air-conditioning, a stocked mini bar, a safe, walk-in shower and raised oval bath where you can soak and take in the breath-taking Natal landscape.
- Main Lodge Deluxe Suite – Lush accommodation with exquisite views of the Jozini dam and the Zululand bushveld. The Deluxe suite has a king sized bed, is fully air-conditioned, complete with a stocked mini bar, a safe, walk-in shower and raised oval bath where you can soak and enjoy the views from a bathroom with large open windows. Rate includes luxury accommodation, breakfast and 1 afternoon game drive per day.
Main Lodge Executive Suite – A fully air-conditioned luxury suite that includes an en-suite bathroom, private deck with jacuzzi and a fully stocked mini-bar. This room has a King size bed and magnificent views of the bushveld. Rate includes luxury accommodation, breakfast and 1 afternoon game drive per day.
- Our restaurant with well known Chef, Paul Eaton at the helm, boasts 180 degree views of the Jozini Dam. Set amongst majestic Marula Trees, the large deck area flows out onto a green oasis and is perfect for long leisurely lunches and whimsically romantic dinners under the stars.
- Dining at Mpeti is a decadent food safari designed to entice and tantalize your taste buds. The cuisine is Pan African with a modern fusion twist, specializing in fresh sustainably sourced seafood and a large variety of red meat, poultry and venison dishes. We source fresh produce from the local lying areas and most of our meat is sourced from free range and organic suppliers in the Natal Midlands, guaranteeing the best quality with the most tender cuts.
- Chef Paul has created the most scrumptious vegetarian & vegan dishes and will happily whip up something amazing for special dietary needs.
- We want you to relax and indulge in a true fine dining experience, believing that your experience will match our commitment to delivering the best stay you have had in Zululand.
- Game Drives – One of the best ways to view the wildlife at Mpeti is by going on a game drive. With a large variety of birds and antelope as well as giraffe, zebra and buffalo to be seen, it is definitely a must on a safari trip. Feel like seeing the Big Five, take a game drive on the Somhkanda community owned farm, right next door to Mpeti.
- Bird Watching – Mpeti’s rich ecosystem makes it a haven for North Coast bird species.
- Nature Walks – This is a fun activity for the whole family. You can book a guided nature walk with one of our rangers who will help you spot & identify birds and show you how to read animal tracks.
- River Cruises – Leisurely cruises on the Jozini dam while you enjoy some onboard refreshments.
- Tiger Fishing – Daily fishing charters for you & your family can be booked at the Jozini Dam, which is just a stones throw from Mpeti.
- From R1 100 per person sharing per night. Includes luxury accommodation, breakfast and 1 afternoon game drive per day.