Monkey Thorn Lodge is a five star Guest lodge located in White River
- Designed and built with complete comfort and relaxation in mind for our guests whilst creating a true traditional feel of the Lowveld, the lodge brings a five star international standard of quality accommodation to White River.
- Our nine free standing suites set out in six hectares of indigenous gardens give a feeling of being in the bush yet we are only 5 minutes from the center of White River giving our guests the best of both worlds to explore the surrounding area.
- The main lodge building hosts our restaurant where guest can dine enjoying home grown produce grown in our own nursery.
- In addition to the restaurant there is an old style lounge and bar where guest can unwind with a good book or catch up on the days sightseeing enjoying pre dinner drinks.
- Our traditional Lowveld veranda gives a feeling of memories of Africa where guests can be found enjoying the evening sunsets whilst sipping on a cocktail or just taking in the amazing bird life we have due to our stunning trees and indigenous flora.
- The privacy at the lodge for our guests is second to none as there is so much space to be enjoyed and we have ensured the lodge it completely secure with only monitored gate access and perimeter fencing. Being located 1 km into a dead end lane there is no passing traffic and peace and tranquility is assured.
Main Lodge Facilities
- The restaurant is spacious and designed for relation with a traditional Lowveld look and feel. There is outside dinning where guests can enjoy breakfast overlooking the garden.
- There is a guest lounge where you can relax and enjoy pre dinner drinks or wind the hours away with a good book.
- Our Veranda over looking the gardens and pool is a great place to watch the best sunsets and enjoy a sun-downer after a busy day out sight seeing
- The salt water pool has its own lapa where you can dine alfresco or just relax in the shade away from the sun
- There are many areas around the garden where you will find a seat or sun lounger where you can enjoy complete privacy
There are nine stand alone suites, four king, two twin, one triple and two family suites that can accommodate 4 guests. Each suite is 64m square and has a private patio with garden views for guests to sit on the enjoy the sunsets or listen to the early morning dawn chorus, The suites are set out in six hectares of indigenous garden ensuring our guests of privacy and the utmost comfort.
All Suites have the following facilities:
- Air-conditioning / Free Wifi / DSTV with 50 channels / Complimentary tea and coffee
- Fridge/mini bar / Dressing area with Hairdryer / Tv area for relaxing with 50 inch television
- Safe / Dining area for private dining from our room service menu / All bathrooms have a large walk in shower, with luxury white towels and complimentary toiletries and slippers
- Max Guests: 2 (Max 2 adults )
- Children: 0 – 11 years pay 45% of the sharing rate,
12 – 18 years pay 65% of the sharing rate
- From R1,050.00 per person sharing