Perfectly positioned 230m above the rugged Tsitsikamma coastline, are our Ocean View Lodges offering 180 degree breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean, our Lake Side Tented Lodges overlook open green pastures and a tranquil dam and our Forest View Tented Lodge is nestled on the edge of the forest surrounded by natural vegetation and bird life. We boast a variety of accommodation to suit all travellers, there is something for everyone. The reserve offers many exciting on site activities at Tsitsikamma Adventure Land, from adventurous Quad Bike Tours, guided David Lane Hiking Trail, forest walks, Footgolf – “The new way to play”, 9 Hole mashie chip and wedge golf, four mountain bike routes ranging from 8.7km to 65km with varying terrain and degrees of difficulty to fresh water fishing (Black Bass and Kurper). Our friendly staff pride ourselves on good value, luxury accommodation; delicious meals and great customer service as well as guests departing inspired and rested with wonderful experiences in nature.
Our accommodation styles all offer a unique experience, are spacious, superbly and individually decorated. Each room is equipped with luxury percale linen and towels, eco-friendly amenities, coffee/tea station, a Bar Fridge, WiFi Hotspot, flat screen TV, DSTV, BBQ facilities and much more…not to mention the picture-perfect sunsets.
- Ocean View Standard Lodges – There are 3 Units & sleeps 3 people per unit. Includes Bed and Breakfast. Our cosy wooden lodge offers an open plan bedroom (with king beds) and lounge area to view magnificent sunsets. En-suite bathroom.
- Lake Side Luxury Tented Lodges. There are 3 Units & sleeps 2 people each. Includes Bed & Breakfast. The open plan tented lodge (with Queen beds) offers the feeling of true relaxation, has an opulent bedroom and living area and an open plan bathroom with slipper bath & shower. Canvass panels open all around, allowing you to view the beauty of the tranquil dam & surrounds. They all have dam views.
- Ocean View Self-Catering Lodges. There are 2 Units & sleeps 3 people each. Our timber lodge (with King beds) offers a large cosy bedroom, beautiful en-suite bathroom with spa bath and shower, eco-friendly amenities and an open-plan living area with a fireplace and kitchenette. The deck entices you to embrace nature and be in awe of the sunsets.
- Ocean View Honeymoon Lodges. There are 2 Units & sleeps 2 people per unit. This Lodge is beautifully decorated, with inviting en-suite bathroom, with spa bath, candles & eco-friendly amenities. Enjoy breakfast or sip champagne at sunset on the private deck. The cosy lounge & fire place creates a warm glow on cooler evenings.
- Ocean View Family Lodge. The unit sleeps up to 5 people and includes Bed & Breakfast. This lodge has two bedrooms each with en-suite showers and eco friendly amenities, a small kitchenette where family dinners can be enjoyed and an open plan lounge with bed/sleeper couch for a 5th person. All rooms lead onto spacious sun patios with a braai.
- Forest View Tented Lodge. This unit sleeps 2 people and includes Bed & Breakfast. This private, open plan lodge (King beds) offers the feeling of true relaxation, has an opulent bedroom & living area & an open plan bathroom with slipper bath & inside & outside shower. Canvass panels open all around, allowing you to view the beauty of the surrounds.
- Mountain View Rustic Farm Cottages. Our four rustic semi-detached cottages are the original farm cottages and are rustic and full of character. The cottages offer ideal accommodation for backpackers, mountain bikers, team building / conferencing groups or for couples / families wishing to self-cater and enjoy views of the Tsitsikamma Mountains. The two bedroom cottages have a main room with a Queen bed and a second room with two single beds. There is an open plan kitchenette and a bathroom with a shower and eco friendly amenities.
On Site Facilities
- Restaurant on Premises / Bar (fully Licensed) / Braai / Barbeque Area / Breakfast : Continental and Full English / Child Friendly (all Ages) / Conference Facilities
- Credit Cards Accepted / Garden / Guest Lounge / Housekeeping (daily) / Pets Not Allowed / Picnic Baskets (by Arrangement) / Safe Deposit Box (at Reception)
- Swimming Pool / Safe parking on Premises
On site Activities
We have many exciting in-house activities from scenic indigenous forest walks, the guided David Lane Hiking Trail, to fresh water fishing, a 9-hole mashie chip and wedge golf, boasting 4 mountain biking routes ranging from 8.7km-65km (bring your own bike).
At Misty Mountain Reserve you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch and a la carte dinner in our restaurant, with a comprehensive wine and beverage menu available.
- From R1 300 per person per night sharing
- Children: 0 – 4 years stay free
- Family Cottage is per Unit rate
- First night’s dinner to be confirmed on arrival.
- Pre-booked picnic and braai baskets can be made available for late arrivals after 20:00 pm. Please notify us of late arrivals.
Co-ordinates: S34° 1′ 26.8” E23° 56′ 52.7”