Mhelembe Lodge – Elephant Point [Sleeps 4 people]
Elephant Point is situated in a region renowned for its natural diversity and concentration of big game, and is undoubtedly one of the best game viewing areas in the Kruger National Park. The estate takes its name from the elephants that can frequently be seen drinking and grazing on the banks of the mighty Sabie River; so too herds of buffalo, prides of lion, leopards and numerous antelope species. Elephant Point borders the Kruger National Park and is also neighbour to the world famous and exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve, home of Mala Mala, Sabi Sabi, Londolozi, Singita, Ulusaba and others.
- The estate is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg or a short 45-minute flight.
- The estate is only a few km’s from the Kruger Gate into the Kruger National Park.
Mhelembe Lodge is the culmination of many a year’s dreaming of living alongside Kruger Park wildlife. This lodge shows influences of our world wide travels and has resulted in an idyllic retreat where one can sit back and enjoy the serenity of the fish eagle calling in the morning, the hippos grunting during the day and visits from elephants while enjoying sundowners in the boma, designed so that you feel as if you are immersed in the greater Kruger area and overlooking the Sabi river. For bird lovers (and even those not quite into bird watching), the numbers of birds visiting Mhelembe lodge is quite staggering.
Mhelembe lodge has been designed with wheelchair access in mind, thanks to our friend who is a paraplegic, and is one level from garage to terrace and pool area. The second bathroom and guest cloakroom has been fitted with grab rails and there is access to a special shower chair.
How to get there?
- Self drive
- Fly to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – Rent a vehicle there and drive to Elephant Point – 90km.
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park – Rent a vehicle (only AVIS operates at this airport) and drive to Elephant Point – 26km
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park and pre-book a shuttle (open safari vehicle) from Elephant Point to pick you up, and drop you off at the airport after your stay. They ask R1000 per one way trip at present (2021). The telephone number to pre-book the shuttle is +27 (0)13 880 0170.
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen and scullery
- Dining area and lounge living area
- Ultra HD TV and Dstv
- Braai and private detached boma
- Large covered patio
- Outdoor dining set
- Outdoor lounge area
- 2 bedrooms with private patios
- En-suite in each bedroom
- Airconditioning in bedrooms and TV room
- Fans in all rooms
- Swimming pool
- Secure covered parking at residence
- Max Guests: Max 4 adults
- Children: 14 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book directly with the lodge.
Private Chef Services
Enjoy fine restaurant quality food and service in the comfort of your own lodge. Choose from a list of carefully compiled menu options, alternatively, your chef can also prepare personalized once off menus, catering for themed evenings, birthdays, favourite meals or desserts, dietary preferences and allergies. Private chef services are available throughout the week except on Wednesdays and Saturdays when the Elephant Point Boma hosts its lovely starlit dinners. Booking private chef services need to be made with 7 days’ notice.
Book pre-arrival shopping and have your items already stocked in your private villa upon arrival.
Golfing in the area
Kruger Park Lodge – Hazyview, Mpumalanaga
- Size: 9-hole
- Distance: 34,4 km
Sabie River Sun – Hazyview, Mpumalanga
- Size: 18-hole
- Distance: 36,1 km
Skukuza – Kruger National Park
- Type of Course: 9-hole
- Distance: 20,3 km