The Property [We speak German as well]
A family owned and run Bed & Breakfast, we offer Air-conditioned en-suite rooms, decorated with a true African atmosphere and rich in ethnic style. All rooms have direct access to the swimming pool which is set in our tropical and tranquil garden, perfect to relax and unwind. The garden is a bird lover’s paradise, and over 500 species have been identified in the St.Lucia and Elephant Coast area. Maputaland Guest House has become world-renowned for its mouth-watering breakfast and warm hospitality of its German and English speaking hosts, the Orban family. Maputaland Guest House is a registered member of several tourism associations such as BABASA, NAA, Elephant Coast Tourism, KZN Tourism and Birdlife SA. Maputaland Guest House is situated within walking distance of the Beach, Restaurants, Internet Cafe’ and Curio Markets. We also offer wireless coverage in all the rooms and garden, so if it’s business or pleasure you can connect to the internet at all times.
- Maputaland Guest House has 6 individually decorated, air-conditioned rooms with en-suite bathrooms, all with direct access to the swimming pool which is set in our tropical and tranquil garden, perfect to relax and unwind.
- Open your bedroom door onto the veranda to sit and enjoy the view of our tropical garden which surrounds all the rooms.
- Two rooms serve as family units that are perfect for small families.
- Just click on the green button to view our various rooms and family unit options, the amenities, thus making the optimum decision when you book.
- The pool area, surrounded by abundant gardens, rich in colours and fragrances is the perfect spot to sunbathe and relax, the sparkling waters of the pool inviting you to take a dip and refresh. Do bird watching from your own private patio or the outdoor lounge. Feel free to read a book from our library….
- Lidiko will gladly do all the bookings and arrangements for any activities you would like to participate in. On all the organized excursions you will be picked up at and returned to the Lodge. Lidiko Lodge will ensure that your holiday is most memorable and free from hassle.
- Lidiko Lodge is within 5 minutes walking distance of stunning coastal forest walking trails, all the restaurants in the village, the Zulu craft market, the lake and a mere 3 km from the entrance to the Cape Vidal route as well as to the beaches. Lidiko Lodge is one of the most central lodges in the village of St Lucia.
- Lidiko has a laundry service, a tea and coffee station as well as an Honesty Bar, available all day to guests.
- Free wifi is also available.
A scrumptious country breakfast is served buffet style on the dining deck overlooking the park like gardens. The breakfast consists of fruit juice, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, croissants and other pastries as well as bacon, eggs, other hot dishes of the day, coffee, tea and toast.
- Bar / Lounge
- Secured parking
- Free parking
- Laundry service
- Outdoor Pool
- BBQ / Picnic area
- Tour/sightseeing desk
Children of all ages are welcome.
Address: 1 Kabeljou Street, St. Lucia
Rates – Rate is based on Bed and Breakfast
- Children: 0 – 6 years pay 75% of the sharing rate,
7 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book directly.