Balule Nature Reserve
Maninghi Lodge (Place of Plenty) and the River View Chalets are situated on the banks of the Olifants River, in the Northern section of Balule Nature Reserve, which is open to the Kruger National Park. We have the “The Big 5” and a variety of other animals within the reserve, and is a bird watcher’s paradise.
- At the main area, we offer 2 en-suite River View rooms and 1 en-suite Garden View room, which are tastefully decorated to suit the surroundings.
- Each offer a mini-bar, Aircon and a tea/coffee station. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property and can be accessed in the rooms.
- When booking the River/Garden View Rooms – you will have the pleasure of indulging in our delicious breakfast and localized dinner included in the rate.
- Should you wish to book as part of a larger group, we do have the availability to accommodate up to 12 guests, please enquire directly.
- Just click on the green button above to view our various accommodation options and amenities.
Self-Catering River Cottage
This self-catering cottage is situated 500m downstream from the rest of Maninghi Lodge (Main Lodge). When booking the self-catering cottage, you book the entire area to yourselves, no other guests will join you. This can sleep a maximum of 6 adults and 2 children ONLY within 3 separate units. The main unit boasts 1 en-suite bedroom for 2 adults, a lounge with 2 sofa beds (suitable for children up to the age of 10 years) and an open plan kitchen (with microwave, oven, fridge and freezer as well as all utensils, cutlery and crockery). This is the main unit for preparing meals and dining. The other 2 units are en-suite double/twin rooms (not recommended for children under 11 years if unaccompanied by an adult) and do not have kitchen facilities. All units have aircon, mosquito nets, fans and a private patio over-looking the Olifants River. There is a Boma area for you to utilize as well as a small splash pool to cool you down during the summer days!
Meals may be had with prior booking, please note that these will be served at the Main Lodge.
Please note that the main unit is the preferential booking unit and guests 2+ will then flow over into the other units. Only 2 adults &/ max 2 children under the age of 10 may occupy the Main Unit (not 3 adults etc)
Single supplements will apply should a unit be occupied by 1 guest only.
The Lodge Area
- The lodge itself has a wonderful outside seating area, as well an indoor dining room, bar and lounge for our guests to enjoy.
- There is a small splash pool available to cool you down during those summer days! Sit back, relax, & enjoy viewing animals coming down to drink at the river or watch birds feed in our two magnificent sycamore fig trees.
- In front of the accommodation units, we have a beautiful lawn to relax on – overlooking the Olifants River. There is ample seating area around the gardens, including a 5m high platform – perfect for that first cup of coffee in the morning, or a G&T while the sun sets! A boma area is also available. There is NO WiFi at this property.
- Meals may be had on request and will be served at the Main Lodge.
- Nothing completes a day in the bush like a game drive by one of our highly experienced hosts, who are keen to help you spot your favourite animal, or can educate you on aspects of bushlore and animal behaviour, in our open-safari vehicle. Balule Nature Reserve is home to The Big 5, and a variety of general game and birds.
- We also cater for our younger guests, and can tailor game drives to engage their interest with interactive learning. Kids are encouraged to be a part of the experience
Rates: rates based on dinner, bed and breakfast
- Children: 0 – 11 years pay 50% of the sharing rate,
12 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, specials, rates and book directly with the lodge.