Lush is a Lupini family-owned and managed boutique private game lodge, set within the Black Rhino Reserve of the greater Pilanesberg National Park and run on Italian hospitality, offering luxury accommodation, dining, and safari experiences.
Choose from three Bush-Facing and two Mountain-Facing Suites – distinguished only by their views. Covered walkways lead to each, interspersed between the trees and with their own private entrances. Wilderness-inspired interiors, innovative use of space, and extended fold-back glass doors mean you feel immersed in nature even when in your suite. Their décor gives a nod to the Lupini’s Italian heritage, though much of the furnishing is local, supporting South African artisans. Designed with every comfort in mind, your Suite is not simply a base from which to explore the surrounds, but a living space.
- Emperor-sized bed, convertible to ¾-bed set, with down duvet and pillows
- Pause area with well-stocked Smeg minibar, and Nespresso machine and coffee pods
- In-room, free-standing bath with a view
- Walk-in rain shower with botanical-infused body products
- Open-air shower made private by curved walls and bushveld foliage
- Bathrobes of terry cotton and full-length
- Hairdryer with two speed and three temperature settings
- Air-conditioning, personally adjustable
- Private splash pool and deck, with cushioned loungers and two-seater table
In January 2022, three additional Luxury Suites will be launched. Larger in size, more private and exclusive, guests will have their own personal experience of Africa – best enjoyed from a viewing lounge upstairs, the deck, the heated plunge pool or the bedroom.
- Just click on the green button to view our various room options (amenities defined) to make your optimum decision when booking at our Lodge.
Lush is a contemporary lodge, shaped around the environment. In fact, it is a shepherd’s tree – sheltered from the wind and warmed by the morning sun, between hill and plain – that marked the position of the main lodge. Its minimalistic décor and natural finishes put the focus on the view, which at once draws you outside. With this in mind, multi-level interior-flowing-to-exterior spaces are designed for outdoor living. Spend time between safari activities reading or playing board games on the couches, sipping coffee in the bar lounge – a favourite spot to rendezvous at any time of day – or stargazing from the deck.
- Bar lounge serving the lodge’s own brand of specialty coffee, and a selection of local and international wines, beers, and spirits
- Open-plan dining and lounge area warmed by two fireplaces in the cooler months
- Breakfast bar for guests to help themselves to beverages and buffet choices
- Viewing/dining deck with tables set out for meal times, coffee breaks, and sundowners
- Boma for social outdoor dinners, with a barbeque, central firepit, and dining tables
- Lush Boutique offering a range of select items for guests to take home something of their time here
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with access throughout the lodge
Dining – With a sprinkle of Italian flair
Dining is an essential part of the Lush experience. Days here are punctuated by culinary delights – as anticipated as the activities. All menus celebrate fresh, seasonal ingredients in freshly prepared dishes. The Lupini family ethos of cooking now for now ensures consistent quality and satisfaction. Dining options range from light and healthy to downright indulgent, but special dietary requirements – including vegetarian and gluten-free – are catered for on request. Private dining can also be arranged.
- Breakfast – continental buffet and cooked meals to order
- Lunch – lighter meals that do not skimp on flavour
- Afternoon tea – spreads of sweet and savoury treats
- Dinner – chef’s signature tables and fireside barbecues
- Children 12 years and older are welcome; age restriction is revisable when the lodge is booked exclusively.
Lush guarantees you authentic safari adventures to write home about. Exclusive traversing in Black Rhino Reserve and the Pilanesberg’s Wilderness Area offers the opportunity to explore an untouched environment. Access also to the public section of the park increases your chances of encountering a large variety of wildlife.
- Game drives, with scenic stops for refreshments – offered by the lodge, on the traditional twice-daily basis
- Guided morning bush walks bring you closer to nature – offered by the lodge, on request and subject to availability and attracts an additional cost
- Hot-air balloon flights give you a different perspective on the herds – booked with a trusted tour operator, on request (additional cost)
- Golf at the nearby championship Gary Player and Lost City golf courses, set in parkland and bushveld, respectively – transfers by arrangement (additional cost)
Address: View the map to the lodge
Rates – Rates based on Fullboard
- Children: 10 – 12 years pay 70% of the sharing rate,
13 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book direct.