Lodge 23 – Elephant Point [Sleeps 8 people]
Elephant Point is situated in a region renowned for its natural diversity and concentration of big game, and is undoubtedly one of the best game viewing areas in the Kruger National Park. The estate takes its name from the elephants that can frequently be seen drinking and grazing on the banks of the mighty Sabie River; so too herds of buffalo, prides of lion, leopards and numerous antelope species. Elephant Point borders the Kruger National Park and is also neighbour to the world famous and exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve, home of Mala Mala, Sabi Sabi, Londolozi, Singita, Ulusaba and others.
- The estate is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg or a short 45-minute flight.
- The estate is only a few km’s from the Kruger Gate into the Kruger National Park.
Born from a lifelong love affair with the Kruger National Park and a dream of owning a house in its midst, the Lederle family set about designing and building a bush getaway which pulled together influences from their most inspiring travels around the world. The result is a luxurious 4 bedroomed luxury villa which oozes character and detail, and whispers of faraway lands such as India and Morocco.
How to get there?
- Self drive
- Fly to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – Rent a vehicle there and drive to Elephant Point – 90km.
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park – Rent a vehicle (only AVIS operates at this airport) and drive to Elephant Point – 26km
- Fly to Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park and pre-book a shuttle (open safari vehicle) from Elephant Point to pick you up, and drop you off at the airport after your stay. They ask R1000 per one way trip at present (2021). The telephone number to pre-book the shuttle is +27 (0)13 880 0170.
- Villa Size: 600m2
- Free WiFi
- Four bedrooms
- Outdoor Lounge Area
- Study (able to convert to 5th bedroom)
- Fully air-conditioned (only bedrooms) / Indoor and outdoor showers
- Upstairs bar-lounge / Full HD TV
- Fully equipped kitchen / Modern appliances and gadgets / Indoor and outdoor dining area / Pizza oven
- Enclosed boma with a fire pit / Outdoor pool
- Courtyard with citrus trees and water feature
- Secure covered parking at residence
- Max Guests: 8 (Max 8 adults )
- Children: 14 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book directly with the lodge.