Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve – eSwatini (Swaziland)
The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve is situated within the Lake Jozini Transfrontier Park, in the Nsubane-Pongola Transfrontier Conservation Area. Shared by South Africa and eSwatini (The Land of the Swazis) , the proposed area will eventually cover 650km² and incorporate the whole of Lake Jozini.
Visit us at The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve in The Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland) with luxury lodges, tented camps, catering or self-catered accommodation. Enjoy game drives, fishing or elephanting and create life changing moments .
The Property – Self Catering Lodge
Meaning ‘heaven’s gate’, this self catering lodge literally has a viewing deck for fabulous star gazing, and also views of the vast valley stretching out from the slopes of the Lebombo’s – as well as Lake Jozini, in the distance.
Designed in the style of farm homesteads at the turn of the last century, the Lisango Lezulu self-catering bush home has balconies to shelter from the sunshine, the main living area has a guest cloakroom, a modern open-plan kitchen with walk in pantry and separate scullery as well as a spacious dining area, lounge with 3D TV and a covered patio. There is a pool and a high viewing deck to watch the sunsets from (and the stars at night).
Accommodation / Dining Room / Lounge
The lodge accommodation has 4 bedrooms each with a different view – including the nearby ravine and the mountainside. Each bedroom is its own private retreat, built around the boma area. Bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms and private decks.
- Game Drives – Activities in the Royal Jozini include doing your own game spotting from your vehicle along the West Shore. This will need a 4×4 but your saloon car will take you on the main roads where you are just as likely to see elephant, giraffe and wildebeest (and warthog, nyala, impala, kudu and you may even spot a leopard)!
- Game Cruises – Activities at Lake Jozini include game cruises – sign up for a sunrise or sunset cruise. Unforgettable game viewing. Lake levels determine boat launching. The 2015/16 drought was severe, as dams that feed the Pongolapoort Dam virtually dried up. The Pongolapoort Dam is still recovering, so check with us on lake levels and launch possibilities.
- Bird Watching – Indulge your senses in spotting as many of the 450 resident bird species as you can!
- Bush Walkabouts – Take a hike or a stroll and breathe in the beauty! There are elephants in the non-exclusion zone of the reserve and occasionally buffalo are seen in the exclusion zone. Check with us where it is safe to take a walk.
- Mountain Biking – Pedal power rules here! (No motorbikes or quad bikes permitted. Conservation rules!) Check with us which areas are free of elephants.
- Tiger Fishing – Lake Jozini has a remarkable Tiger Fish population, a fish known to reach in excess of 9 kg. This exclusively African game-fish strikes hard and fights aggressively, making this type of fishing a favourite among adrenaline seekers. (Please note that it is illegal to catch tigers to eat and all fish are caught on a catch and release basis). With its 27 species of fish, Lake Jozini promises an excellent opportunity for passionate fishermen.
Rates – per person per night sharing
- R5 680 per night for the whole lodge – The Self Catering Lodge sleeps maximum 8 people
Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve; eSwatini