The Property – Luxury Safari Tents on the banks of the Sabie River
Lions Rock Rapids is situated on the banks of the iconic Sabie River, a quick 10 minute drive from the nearby town of Hazyview and an approximate 4,5hrs drive from Johannesburg. Whilst spending time with us, you can enjoy the prolific birdlife and take a stroll on the grounds. Immerse yourself in the wonder of the river rapids from our beach area and along the river banks or take a relaxing dip in the swimming pool. You may also opt to sit in the comfort of your tents’ covered deck, simply absorbing the magnificent view of the Sabie River Valley.
- Our luxury, air conditioned tents each comfortably accommodate two guests with ample space and feature an en-suite bathroom as well as a lovely covered deck overlooking the Sabie river to relax on.
- When joining us as a family, please enquire upon booking about the availability of an additional bed for younger children, alternatively you are welcome to bring your own camp cot along. Older children can be conveniently accommodated in an adjacent tent
- Just click on the green button to view our various Safari Tents (amenities defined) in making your optimum decision when booking at our Facility.
Breakfast and Dinners & Bar & Boma
All your delectable meals are served at our restaurant, which is a short walk from the tents and positioned alongside the river.
Breakfast and dinner are included for our luxury tent guests and are a real highlight, with specific dietary needs always taken into account (please confirm when booking).
Sundowners are enjoyed at our riverside bar where you can unwind, sample some of our famous South African wines or even dance a jig. Come dusk and you will hear the distinct crackle of the nightly campfire from our open air Boma, a favourite spot for guests to sit back and take in the wonder of what we like to call our “Bush Tv”.
- Open Air BOMA / Covered dining area
- Bar / Lounge area / Swimming Pool
- Fishing / Pool room
R536 Sabie Road, Hazyview
Rates: Rates based on bed, breakfast and dinner
- Excludes, lunch, drinks and items of personal nature
- Max Guests per unit: 2 (Max 2 adults )
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Children: 0 – 4 years stay free,
5 – 18 years pay 50% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book directly with the lodge.