The Property – 4 Star Lodge in St Lucia
Lidiko Lodge is a 4 STAR lodge centrally situated in the village of St Lucia, Zululand, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, surrounded by the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park (“iSimangaliso Wetland Park”), an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Main Lodge area
The main building of the lodge is one of the first buildings that was erected in St Lucia and with its thatch, oozes an Old World Zululand charm. The main building houses the reception area, guest lounge, a small library for guests, as well as the dining deck with views of the bird and often monkey and mongoose filled gardens. Free Wi-Fi is available. The main building leads to the tropical pool area and the rooms. The park like gardens and outdoor lounge of the lodge is ideal for bird watching, conversation or just to enjoy quiet time. The pool is ideal to cool off or to do some sun soaking on the loungers round the pool.
Lidiko Lodge is centrally situated in St Lucia and within 5 minutes walking distance from all the restaurants, craft market, walking trails and main attractions. Lidiko Lodge is the ideal venue to visit the surrounding wetlands, big 5 game parks as well as pristine beaches. It is a safe haven for joggers, cyclists and walkers. It is also the only known village with hippos roaming the streets at night.
The lodge has 16 garden rooms of which 12 are standard double/twin rooms, a family unit (sleeping 4 pax) and 2 family rooms (each sleeping 3-4 pax).
- Two Family Rooms: “The two family rooms which also serve as triple rooms are ideal for 3 adults travelling together or 2 adults with 2 smaller children (under 12), who would like to share a room. It consists of a huge thatched rondavel type room with an en-suite bathroom. It is part of the original colonial building and also has a private entrance and patio overlooking the gardens towards the Great St Lucia Lake. The room has a double and 2 single beds made up with crisp white linen, two easy chairs, a remote controlled colour television, bar fridge; hairdryer; wall safe; complimentary tea and coffee making facility and accompanying rusks or biscuits.
- The Family Unit: Each room of the unit has a remote controlled colour TV; a hairdryer; bar fridge, personal safe as well as a complimentary tea & coffee-making facility with accompanying rusks or biscuits. The unit is ideal for a family of four where there are 2 children between the ages of 3 and 16 years. This is the ideal lodge for parents with younger children who would like the children to have their own room, but still be close enough to them.
- Single, Double and Twin Units: These spacious rooms, decorated in a contemporary Afro-Colonial style, all have a private entrance and private patio that leads onto the pool area of the lodge. The spacious bathrooms are en-suite, have a separate shower and bath, a big vanity area and are fitted with fluffy white towels and toiletries. The air-conditioned rooms are fitted with either two single beds or a King size bed made up with crisp white linen, two easy chairs, a remote-controlled colour television, hairdryer; bar fridge as well as a complimentary tea and coffee making facility with a packet of traditionally home baked rusks. It sleeps two adults. A roll away bed can be added for a child at an extra cost.
- Just click on the green button to view our various rooms and unit options, the amenities, thus making the optimum decision when you book.
- The pool area, surrounded by abundant gardens, rich in colours and fragrances is the perfect spot to sunbathe and relax, the sparkling waters of the pool inviting you to take a dip and refresh. Do bird watching from your own private patio or the outdoor lounge. Feel free to read a book from our library….
- Lidiko will gladly do all the bookings and arrangements for any activities you would like to participate in. On all the organized excursions you will be picked up at and returned to the Lodge. Lidiko Lodge will ensure that your holiday is most memorable and free from hassle.
- Lidiko Lodge is within 5 minutes walking distance of stunning coastal forest walking trails, all the restaurants in the village, the Zulu craft market, the lake and a mere 3 km from the entrance to the Cape Vidal route as well as to the beaches. Lidiko Lodge is one of the most central lodges in the village of St Lucia.
- Lidiko has a laundry service, a tea and coffee station as well as an Honesty Bar, available all day to guests.
- Free wifi is also available.
A scrumptious country breakfast is served buffet style on the dining deck overlooking the park like gardens. The breakfast consists of fruit juice, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, croissants and other pastries as well as bacon, eggs, other hot dishes of the day, coffee, tea and toast.
In view of the fact that Lidiko Lodge is within 5 minutes’ walking distance of all the restaurants in the village, dinner is only done by prior arrangement at time of booking for groups large than 8 guests. Dinners at the lodge consists of a three-course table d’hote menu. The dinners are traditional South African meals or barbeques. Lidiko Lodge prides itself in using only the best and freshest ingredients in all their meals. Dinners are on request and intimately served by candlelight.
Children of all ages are welcome.
Address: 95 Mckenzie St, St Lucia
Rates – Rate is based on Bed and Breakfast
- The Units rate is based on Unit rates (just click on the green button to view the rate)
- Children: Rates calculated upon room selection
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book directly.