The Property – The Farmhouse sleeps a total of 10 people comfortably: 6 adults and 4 children/teenagers.
Guests have the opportunity to experience living on a working dairy farm while staying in one of 5 accommodation options: (1) A comfortable, spacious and lovingly renovated 150year-old farmstead. (2) An old dairy turned into spacious accommodation with great views over a dam and the Outeniqua mountains. (3-5). One of 3 new cottages adjacent to another and within walking distance from The Dairy.
The area is a huge attraction for any nature-lover. Hiking, bird-watching, paragliding, canoeing, surfing, whale-watching and mountain-biking are just some of the activities this area is well known for. Visits to the dairy and feeding the calves are always an exciting experience for the kids. Guests are close to all the tourist activities but are able to retreat to the quiet and tranquil surrounds of Libertas to rest and plan the next days’ action.
There are 3 bedrooms downstairs for guests sharing (2 with queen size beds and 1 with twin singles = sleeps 6). The open-plan loft area has 4 single beds and a play area for kids. Pls note that we do not allow adults in the loft as it provides no privacy to guests
- Click on the green button above to view all the luxuries our accommodation has to offer our guests.
The Main House and outside areas
The house has a comfortable lounge with a Hot Art fireplace, a well-equipped kitchen, a choice of braai areas, 3 stoep areas with great views.
There is a playground for kids with a jungle gym and swings from the bluegum trees, an outside shower (with hot water), covered parking garage, a volleyball net, etc. There is no DSTV at the farmhouse. We decided to only have a TV, DVD player and a collection of DVD’s available for those rainy days when the kids need to be indoors.
Included with your stay
Some of the amenities & little extras for your enjoyment.
- Outside shower (with hot water) / Covered parking garage on-site / Huge open lawn areas
- Jungle gym playground & tree swings / Volleyball net / Board games (inlc. Finger board)
- Ball games (soccer, beach bats, cricket set) / Stoep with barbecue area / Boma fireplace under the old oak
- DVD player with DVD’s (many kids’ movies) / High Chair / Camp Cot / Temperature control: Fireplace, heaters, fan in loft
- 100 percent percale cotton linen / All bath/hand towels / Firewood / Candles / Firelighters & matches
- Instant coffee, tea, sugar ‘/ Coffee plunger / Serviettes
- Bathroom amenities: shower gel, shampoo, hand wash soap (organic)
- Servicing the house (during weekdays) / Magazines / Tourist Info Pamphlets / Wi-fi hotspot 512MB@R50 & 1GB@R95
Address: From N2 between Wilderness and Sedgefield: Turn north @ Hoekwil turn-off (±5km coming from Wilderness). Continue with tar road for 16km (don’t turn off) and look out for Libertas (3km) road sign. Take right-hand turn-off onto “Sedgefield/Rondevlei” gravel road to The Farmhouse which is 3km on that gravel road on the right.
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.