The Dairy is literally an old dairy which has been turned into spacious accommodation on this working dairy farm.
The Dairy is a 6-sleeper unit. The cottage looks onto an unfenced farm dam and has great views of the Outeniqua mountains.
It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (main bedroom is en-suite). Main bedroom has a queen size bed and the smaller bedroom has twin singles and a bunk bed.
- Click on the green button above to view all the luxuries our Dairy house has to offer our guests.
The House and outdoors
The open-plan kitchen/living area has big stacking doors which opens onto a stoep with lovely views. It is very spacious unit and has a relaxed and comfy feel to it. Facilities include a big stoep area with braai area. There is also the Kraal where there is a boma fire-place, huge open lawn areas for kids to play.
There is a Dover stove in the open-plan kitchen/living area which heats up the whole house during winter times. Right next to the cottage is a farm pool with raised wooden deck & pool loungers. The pool has been a great addition and it is a very popular spot for lazy summer days or sundowners/stargazing during winter. Please just note: The pool has a security gate to prevent the shorter people from entering. But the farm dam (about 80m from the house) is unfenced. There is no DSTV at The Dairy. We decided to only have a TV and some movies available on a USB stick for those rainy days when the kids need to be indoors.
Included with your stay
Some of the amenities & little extras for your enjoyment.
- Farm Pool /Pool deck with loungers / Pool Noodles / Covered parking on-site / Huge open lawn areas
- Playground with soccer post / Ball games (soccer ball,cricket set,swingball,croquet) / Board Games / Stoep with barbecue area
- Boma fireplace in the old Kraal / TV with USB flash with movies / Coffee plunger / Camp Cot /
- Temperature control: Dover stove/fireplace, heaters / 100 percent percale cotton linen / All bath/hand towels
- Firewood / Candles / Firelighters & matches / Instant coffee, tea, sugar / Serviettes
- Bathroom amenities: shower gel, shampoo, handwash soap (organic)
- Servicing the house (during weekdays)
- Magazines / Tourist Info Pamphlets / Wi-fi hotspot
Address: From N2 between Wilderness and Sedgefield: Turn north @ Hoekwil turn-off (±5km coming from Wilderness). Continue with tar road for 17,5km (don’t turn off) to the Libertas Guest Farm gate on your right.
Just click on the green button to view our rates / availability and book direct.