The Property – Kuname Lodge
Kuname Lodge will touch you deeply, rejuvenate you and soothe your soul. Kuname Lodge is a small, unashamedly exclusive, luxury safari lodge set in about 9,000 hectares of pristine African bush, in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve. We are only 45 minutes drive from the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa. Bordered by the towering Drakensberg escarpment on the west and set in game-rich, lush, riverine vegetation, the facility offers a variety of breathtaking views, diverse landscapes and some of the best big five game-viewing opportunities in Southern Africa.
- Our 5 luxury, air-conditioned chalets are nestled in the dense African bush with magnificent views of the Kuvenjane River and Drakensberg mountains.
- 4x Luxury Suites: The 4 luxury, air-conditioned suites are nestled in the dense African bush, each equipped with indoor and outdoor bath and shower.
- Premier Suite: The 1 Premier, air-conditioned suites are nestled in the dense African bush, each equipped with indoor and outdoor bath and shower.
- Just click on the green button to view the luxuries of each individual Suite and all amenities.
The Property – The Manor
This Colonial style house, which boasts two on-suite bathrooms, a living room area, loft and a fully equipped kitchen area, can accommodate up to six guests (ideally suited to four adults and two children). This is an ideal setting in the African Bush with full board facilities.
Our staff will attend to your every need whilst you enjoy a cocktail alongside your private splash pool or relax under the big Weeping Boer Bean and Jackal Berry Trees. You will experience pure Africa while enjoying dinner around the fire, listening to the evening sounds and be amazed by the beauty and clarity of the African skies.
- Kuname Manor House sleeps 6 minimum, 4 pax to confirm the Manor House.
A taste of Africa is all that one needs to savour the assortment of flavours brought to you by Kuname’s top gourmet chef … ensuring each meal is an unforgettable culinary pleasure.
Romance is the key to any successful wedding and Kuname provides this in abundance. The ceremony can be held at “Fig Tree” beneath beautiful shady, indigenous trees bordering the Makhutsi River. This venue grants you and your guests to a real bush wedding-experience!
Conference facilities are offered at our sister property, Shiduli Private Game Lodge, approximately 15 minutes from Kuname. The Conference Centre is the perfect venue for leaving the constraints of the office behind.
Catering for up to 40 delegates, this facility provides notepads, internet facilities, sweets, water and cordials. Brain storming, strategic sessions and team building against the backdrop of the bush makes this a perfect choice for creative thinking. Packages can be tailor-made to complement your specific requirements and can include several activities such as bushwalks, animal tracking and various other activities are on offer.
Morning and Afternoon Game Drives
Game drives are conducted in open safari vehicles with qualified and knowledgeable guides or go on foot for a bush walks and get close to the little 5 and feel the true African bush.
- 24-hour Security / Pool / Bar / Secure Parking / Communal Dining / Library / Spa
- Air Conditioning / Bath / Balcony / Deck / Dressing Gowns / Hair Dryer / Mini Bar / Mosquito Nets / Outside Shower
- Shower / Tea / Coffee / Safe / En-Suite / Tea / Coffee
- Rates based on Fullboard
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book direct.