Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve – eSwatini (Swaziland)
The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve is situated within the Lake Jozini Transfrontier Park, in the Nsubane-Pongola Transfrontier Conservation Area. Shared by South Africa and eSwatini (The Land of the Swazis), the proposed area will eventually cover 650km² and incorporate the whole of Lake Jozini.
Visit us at The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve in The Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland) with luxury lodges, tented camps, catering or self-catered accommodation. Enjoy game drives, fishing or elephanting and create life changing moments .
The Property – Self Catering Lodge
Kujabula Lodge is a well equipped and character filled lodge which offers 4 bedrooms – which can be booked separately. It is right on the Lake Jozini shoreline and boasts a pool, deck, boma and braai – there is a tv lounge area, a dining area and a bar.
For conferences, group and tour operator bookings, Kujabula can be reserved with dinner and breakfast provided. However, Kujabula can now be booked self catering, but with the added service of a cook to look after, prepare and cook your food for you! So bring along your steaks and salads, your eggs and bacon for breakfast, and sit back and relax whilst the staff do it all for you!
Accommodation / Dining Room / Lounge
Each bedroom can be made as a twin or a king and has an en suite bathroom and its own balcony. This wood, stone and thatch lodge brings welcoming shade on a hot day, whilst having a warm and welcoming atmosphere on a cool winter’s evening. (eSwatini is never really cold – mild sunny days in a dry winter, with a nice evening chill that begs for a boma fire!)
- Game Drives – Activities in the Royal Jozini include doing your own game spotting from your vehicle along the West Shore. This will need a 4×4 but your saloon car will take you on the main roads where you are just as likely to see elephant, giraffe and wildebeest (and warthog, nyala, impala, kudu and you may even spot a leopard)!
- Game Cruises – Activities at Lake Jozini include game cruises – sign up for a sunrise or sunset cruise. Unforgettable game viewing. Lake levels determine boat launching. The 2015/16 drought was severe, as dams that feed the Pongolapoort Dam virtually dried up. The Pongolapoort Dam is still recovering, so check with us on lake levels and launch possibilities.
- Bird Watching – Indulge your senses in spotting as many of the 450 resident bird species as you can!
- Bush Walkabouts – Take a hike or a stroll and breathe in the beauty! There are elephants in the non-exclusion zone of the reserve and occasionally buffalo are seen in the exclusion zone. Check with us where it is safe to take a walk.
- Mountain Biking – Pedal power rules here! (No motorbikes or quad bikes permitted. Conservation rules!) Check with us which areas are free of elephants.
- Tiger Fishing – Lake Jozini has a remarkable Tiger Fish population, a fish known to reach in excess of 9 kg. This exclusively African game-fish strikes hard and fights aggressively, making this type of fishing a favourite among adrenaline seekers. (Please note that it is illegal to catch tigers to eat and all fish are caught on a catch and release basis). With its 27 species of fish, Lake Jozini promises an excellent opportunity for passionate fishermen.
Rates – per person per night sharing
- From R975 per person per night
- The Kujabula Lodge is a Self Catering Lodge and sleeps maximum 8 people (10 people)
Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve; eSwatini