Kruger Cliffs offers top-range yet very affordable self-catering cottages with 100% privacy.
- All cottages have a large deck with private plunge pool, outdoor shower, covered dining area, braai, and stunning mountain views. In every cottage you’ll find an air-conditioned bedroom with extra length king size beds, a bathroom with double wash basins and walk-in shower, a fully equipped kitchen, and a living area with a sleeper couch for the kids.
- All our beds are king size with extra length, available in a double bed or two separate single beds setup. And all have high quality mattresses. Our beds are under large mosquito nets hanging from the ceiling. Your bedroom is air conditioned, and we use the softest percale high-quality bed linnen.
- Our cottage bathrooms have a large indoor walk-in shower with a view towards the mountains. But in all but the coldest nights you can also enjoy your outside (rain-)shower. Built with a little wink at the old bucket showers …but don’t worry; ours has hot water.
- Apart from the large walk-in shower, your bathroom also has double wash basins and a separate toilet. We use only towels of the highest quality!
All our cottages have a large (6 m2) refreshing plunge pool
- All our cottages have a large (6 m2) refreshing plunge pool, with a design that’s unique to the area; it has three levels.
- Apart from the “shoulder height” level and the level that’s perfect to sit, it also has a level that’s a mere 15cm deep. It measures 2 m2 , so this level is perfect for very young kids to play in (not unattended, obviously), or for you to lay down in. But apart from that, this level also makes our pool heat up faster in the sunlight, which means our pool has less of that “cold sting” in the winter months.
- We provide beach towels, no need to bring those!
Kitchen our Cottages
- The kitchen in our cottages is quite different from the basic affair they call a kitchen in most of the park’s accommodation. A microwave, a cooking plate with four heaters, a water kettle, a toaster… all appliances you need are there. The list also includes a large fridge/freezer combo, and a dish washer. Because seriously; who wants to do dishes on holiday?
- Our cutlery and crockery is also quite different from the military-grade style things that you find in the park. And more extensive as well. Yes of course there’s Champagne glasses and an ice bucket!
- All rooms also have the following included; salt, pepper, 15 liter of drinking water, coffee/tea station with sugar and milk, dishwasher liquid, broom, dust pan, dish cloths and tea towels.
Inside and Outside Dining Areas
- Our cottages have a dining table indoors, right next to the kitchen counter. So on a windy day or a cold morning, you can always enjoy your meal indoors.
- However, there’s also a dining table outside, in the shade, and we’re sure you’ll be using that one the most. Both dining areas have mountain views.
Bringing the kids?
- Bringing the kids? Our cottages have a living room with a double-size bed sleeper couch (140x190cm).
- There’s an overhead fan, and we can install a mozzie net if needed.
- Nothing more relaxing and heart warming than sitting on your deck and enjoying the sequence of hues in the sky above the mountains.
- Time for dinner! No South-African accommodation is complete without a decent braai, so obviously we’ve thought of that too.
- Yes, all utensils are there too. Firewood, firelighters and briquettes must be pre-ordered before your arrival.
Not included; Meals, drinks, activities. We do provide breakfast/lunch/braai packs at an additional cost, and can arrange day trips for you. Please get in touch with us prior to your arrival.
For more information, availability, specials, rates and book directly with the lodge just click on the green button.