Book Now / Check Availability
Welcome to Khaya Ndlovu Manor House
Khaya Ndlovu is situated in the Khaya Ndlovu Game Reserve, surrounded by nature, yet a stone’s throw away from Hoedspruit, gateway to the greater Kruger – wildlife haven of the Limpopo Province, South Africa.
The towering Drakensberg mountain range offers a majestic, panoramic view, which will leave you breathless as you step onto the Manor House’s alfresco dining terrace.
- Our luxury, colonial-style Hardwood Suites are situated within the Manor House; all have sweeping views of our tropical garden and external verandas, which can be accessed from the rooms. The resident garden monkeys provide much entertainment with their acrobatic displays amid the branches of the towering trees, sharing their glorious playground with a multitude of chattering bird species.
- A short walk from the Manor House, you will find our spacious Garden Suites. Whether you are looking for a safari destination; a base to explore all the wonders of the Lowveld, a romantic break away with your loved one, a family vacation or even if you just want to pop in for lunch, spa treatment or game drive – we really do offer it all. We are also an ideal wedding venue having historically hosted many happy couples who have said their vows at Khaya. Kick off your shoes, put your feet up and let us do the rest.
- Luxury Safari Tent: An authentic, luxury tented experience awaits the more adventurous visitors. Queen size bed with en suite bathroom complete with outside shower and bath. Beautiful view over the lodge waterhole.
Just click on the green button to view our accommodation options – in making your optimal decision regarding your stay.
Book Now / Check Availability
The core of our establishment, the Manor House is situated in the northern section of the reserve overlooking the splendour of the famous Blyde River Canyon, the third largest and undeniably most spectacular canyon in the world. The dining and pool deck, bar area as well as various lounges are at your disposal to use at leisure and we would like nothing more than for you to feel right at home, as you enjoy our tastefully furnished home. Festooned with a collection of original artwork, diverse in genre, complemented by an abundant assortment of Persian carpets dressing the floors, the Manor House exudes a luxurious and exotic ambiance.
The Reserve and game drives
The Khaya Ndlovu Game Reserve is a well-protected 1400 hectare sanctuary offering a safe-haven for its resident black rhino. A bumble through the reserve in our luxurious game-viewer in search of these endangered browsers takes you to our greater traverse area on the BLAR Conservancy. This includes a drive on the prestigious Leadwood Big Game Estate, which apart from a fantastic game offering also presents some of the most spectacular mountain vistas in the country.
Rates – Rate is based on Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- Children: 0 – 2 years stay free,
3 – 12 years pay 50% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials, room selection and book direct.
Book Now / Check Availability
Kids @ Khaya
Did you know that we are one of the only child-friendly lodges in the Lowveld?
We accept children of all ages, and will entertain them to the best of abilities and our true South African hospitality.
Things for kids to do at Khaya Ndlovu:
- Children of 6 years + can join daily game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are kindly asked to either stay at the lodge with a baby sitter, or alternatively parents can book a private vehicle where the children can join @ R3250.00 per 3 hour drive.
- Bush walks around the outskirts of the lodge to learn about the smaller creatures in the bush, and of course, all kids favourites – DUNG!
- Funky pizza making sessions with our friendly fun chefs. – On arrival children up until the age of 12 will receive a nature themed gift.
- We are able to do kiddies spa treatments on request with our wonderful therapists.
- Complimentary hot chocolate with mini marshmallows – perfect for an after-dinner treat.
- Our chefs have a brilliant choice of menus to satisfy our little fussy ones.
- Baby Sitting is offered and is charged at R150 per hour per child.
Safari @ Khaya
Encounters with black rhino and African wild dogs are increasingly rare as both species are pushed closer to extinction. Rhino populations are being decimated by poaching, whilst wild dog populaces are being wiped out through indiscriminate destruction of their natural habitats, as well as the spread of diseases such as rabies and canine distemper.
However at Khaya Ndlovu, there is every possibility of a memorable sighting of both these threatened species. Home to a number of white rhino as well as a breeding pair of black rhino, a game drive here offers an exciting opportunity to view these extraordinary and elusive animals. You may be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of a newly-born black rhino calf, which needless to say, has created much excitement amongst the local rhino warriors.
The sight of a pack of African wild dogs in action is one of the most entertaining exhibitions on earth. Renowned for their strong family bonds, the interaction between pack members provides a fascinating spectacle. Litters of up to 16 pups are born once a year and witnessing the interaction between all the family members which play an active role in raising the young is super-exciting!
Bush breakfasts or evening braai’s at the Leadwood deck or a secret hide can be organised by prior arrangement. Fee includes game drive, snacks and drinks at R 400 per person.
Children are welcome on our safaris from the age of 6 onwards. For children under the age of 6 years old a private vehicle can be arranged at a fee of R3,500.00 per drive. There is also the option to leave your children with one of our very capable babysitters in the lodge.
Weddings @ Khaya Ndlovu – makes your dream African bush wedding a reality!
With our spacious venue, colonial feel and flexibility we put all our energy into making sure your day is everything you wished it would be.
Our wedding package consists of a 2 night lodge take-over, which includes all accommodation (22 guests) and the exclusive us of the wedding and function venue for up to 70 guests. We take care of the hiring of items and the setup of the venue, as well as the finer details to make your day yours, and no one else’s.
Wedding packages can also be arranged to each couples individual needs and personalised requirements and include wedding coordination as well as all service providers. Khaya Ndlovu Manor House staff ensures the wedding couple personalised attention to detail at all times.