KARONGWE RIVER LODGE
Allow the African bush to rejuvenate your senses and become one with nature inspired by our tranquil riverfront setting.
At Karongwe River Lodge, a delicious food experience awaits you. Dining under the stars has never been so romantic as you enjoy our Pan African cuisine in a rustic outside Boma or, on alternate evenings, in the beautifully appointed dining room. To compliment your meal, choose from our extensive selection of top South African and imported beers and wine, together with a variety of spirits and soft drinks.
Spend the afternoon relaxing beside the pool or watching the game from your private deck before being whisked away on a late afternoon safari in an open game drive vehicle.
The enchanting view over the Makhutsi River is a natural treasure providing insight into the secret river life. The spacious lounge area leading onto a vast deck allows for endless opportunity to view elephant, as well as grazing antelope.
Settle in at your leisure in one of our 11 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathrooms.
- River Lodge offers guests a choice of 5 Luxury, 2 Family and 2 Executive Suites, with the 2 Presidential Suites enjoying their own private plunge pools.
- Luxury Suites: Settle in at your leisure in one of our 5 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathrooms.
- Family Suites: Settle in at your leisure in one of our 2 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathroom
- Executive Suite: Settle in at your leisure in one of our 2 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathrooms.
- Presidential Suite: Settle in at your leisure in one of our 2 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathrooms.
- Click on the green button above to view the luxuries and amenities our Suites have to offer
- Air Conditioning / Bath / Balcony / Deck / Dressing Gowns / Hair Dryer / Mini Bar / Mosquito Nets / Shower / Tea / Coffee / Safe / En-Suite
- 24-hour Security / Internet Access (Complimentary) / Pool / Bar / Kiddies Club / Secure Parking / Communal Dining / Library / Spa
- Babysitting Service/ Credit Card / Laundry Service / Airport Shuttle
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, the Karongwe Reserve is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures. Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
Thera Naka Spa
Since the earliest time, Africa’s original inhabitants lived in harmony with nature. From heavenly aromas to herbal purity this unique body range is a mesmerising and innovative body and sense-soothing safari, replicating the earthy scents and the awe-inspiring wonder of this most profound continent.
Rates – RATES BASED ON FULLBOARD
- Rates include Accommodation, all meals and 2 game drives per day.
- Children: 0 – 2 years stay free,
3 – 11 years pay 50% of the sharing rate
- Just click on the green button to view availability, rates and book direct.