The Property – UNTAMED, UNTOUCHED, UNFORGETTABLE
Located within 6, 000 ha of pristine bushveld, Jock Safari Lodge is an exclusive private concession, perfectly positioned in the southern part of the Kruger National Park, South Africa’s largest national park. The wildlife within this region have survived undisturbed without negative impact from mankind, encouraged to thrive. Jock Safari Lodge emerges where the Mitomeni and Biyamiti rivers flow as one – this natural unbroken landscape offers guests one of the best Big Five game viewing experiences in South Africa with its exclusive riverbed traversing rights. Steeped in history, Jock Safari Lodge was the first private concession granted within the Kruger National Park and is named after local legend, Jock of the Bushveld, the canine hero of Sir Percy FitzPatrick’s famous story of courage and loyalty that is set during South Africa’s first gold rush era. Relive one of South Africa’s cultural heritages through this wonderful story and view the original mementoes on display at the Main Lodge.
Two authentic lodges both offering the timeless style and elegance of a classic safari lodge, pay homage to its rich history and heritage but with the addition of modern comforts expected by today’s discerning traveller. Taking guests on a sensory journey that encapsulates history, flora, fauna, conservation, relaxation and fine South African food and wine, Main Jock Lodge comprises 12 individual thatched rooms, while nearby the private and intimate camp, Fitzpatrick’s at Jock caters for small parties and families with three suites. Fitzpatrick’s at Jock welcomes children of all ages which is complemented with our curated Kids on Safari programme.
Main Jock Lodge ensures guests will experience a stay of seclusion and in pure harmony with the natural surroundings. Twelve secluded thatched suites, offering utter privacy, are veiled with lush trees and reed walls. Each leads on to a private deck with plunge pool and a Sala, an outdoor day bed, all with a spectacular view of the riverbed. Main Jock Lodge will help your soul capture the essence of finding your inner peace amidst the calls of the wild.
Room Configuration – All 12 rooms can sleep a maximum of 2 adults per room
- Air conditioning
- Private minibar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private plunge pool and private decks
- International dial telephone
- Electronic safe
- Ceiling fan
- En-suite bathroom, with outdoor shower
- Sala (outdoor day bed) overlooking the river
- Personally selected books
- Just click on the green button to view our various thatched suites options (amenities defined) to make your optimum decision when booking at our Lodge.
Main Jock, emulates the timeless style and elegance of a classic safari lodge, with the addition of modern comforts and conveniences expected by today’s discerning traveller. Twelve secluded thatched suites offer privacy and uninterrupted views of the riverbed, reimagined with a private sala area offering evening sleep out options.
- Relaxation Retreat with sauna and exercise room
- Gift boutique
- In and outdoor dining facilities
- Library with television and DVD player
- Pool with deck
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Main Jock accommodates families with children from 6 years and older on the following basis:
- Applicable adult rate(s) will apply to children of all
- A private vehicle is reserved for sole use of the family, the daily surcharge of R 7, 500.00 per day for private vehicle use
- Additional beds can accommodate a maximum of one child each OR two children per bunk bed (11 years or younger)
Persons under the age of 12 years are not permitted on any walking safaris.
In addition to the excellent Big Five game viewing, activities include daily game drives, wilderness walks, bird watching and nearby golf at Leopard Creek Golf Course, while the Relaxation Retreat will ensure guests truly unwind.
Address: View the Kuger National Park Map on the website.
- Rates are quoted and invoiced in South African Rand (ZAR) per person per night.
- Inclusive of: 2 daily game drives, guided wilderness walks, all meals, a selection of house beverages, game drives beverages, 15% VAT and Tourism Levy.
- The rates exclude the Kruger National Park conservation levy, premium beverages, discretional gratuities and all items of a personal nature.
- Main Jock can only accommodate a maximum of two (2) adults per room.
- All rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All rates exclude specialist meals (i.e. certified outsourced Halaal and Kosher meals).
- We recommend a minimum stay of two nights throughout the year. A minimum 2-night stay restriction is applicable over the Seasonal Peak Season.
Just click on the green button to view our rates, specials, availability and book direct.