The Property – 5 star rating
Natural game species roam freely between Mjejane’s 4000 ha and the Kruger National Park, especially towards the end of winter when grasslands in the north of the park become scares. Enjoy wonderful game drives in our 10-seater game viewer in Big 5 country! Spectacular views over the Crocodile River on the southern boundary of the Kruger National Park await you…
Our 5-bedroom lodge, accommodating 10 guests, will take your breath away. With a 5-star rating, Jacana River Lodge meets all holiday requirements: luxurious en-suite rooms with a kitchen, dining room, lounge, veranda, pool, boma, upper-level bar (for those awesome sundowners) and…a one of a kind kiddies playroom and jungle gym.
But let’s get to the serious part, the ‘KUIER’. There is no real translation for this Afrikaans word into English, but it’s best described as having a great time with friends and family! The lodge and reserve offer all you need to experience Africa at its best.
Accommodation – 5 en-suite luxury bedrooms
Luxury and comfort await you! Lie back on an impeccably dressed king-size bed, and enjoy the convenience of a bar fridge, coffee station, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, plug points for charging, clock radio and mosquito nets. The lodge is wheelchair-friendly with one bedroom dedicated to guests with special needs. Each en-suite bathroom comprises a toilet, double vanity and shower and/or bath, while some rooms also have an outside shower.
- The lounge, dining area and kitchen are spacious, yet has a homely, cozy atmosphere.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a double door fridge/freezer, gas stove, conventional oven, microwave oven, Nespresso machine and more. The lodge is fully serviced with cable network and wifi.
- Undercover parking for three vehicles, as well as a conveniently situated carport for easy unpacking, as well as hopping on and off the game viewer.
- Step out onto a veranda for alfresco dining, or enjoy ultimate relaxation and spectacular views over the river in a separate seating area. Make use of the ice machine and installed service counter, or jump into our blissful rim-flow swimming pool.
- Choose between two covered braai (barbeque) areas or the boma. All cooking tools necessary for preparing your favourite meals are available, and firewood is supplied. The upper deck and bar are ideal for hosting memorable get-togethers, and especially for watching breathtaking African sunsets!
For the kids
- Inside our courtyard, which is secured by perimeter walls, kids can run around safely on the lawn or enjoy the jungle gym’s swings and slide.
- Our entertainment room will keep the young ones busy! Comfortable seating allows them to watch TV, and enjoy a drawing board, books and games. Also available is a pool table and small gym, comprising an exercise bike, rowing machine, weights and mat.
- Bathrobe / Bathroom amenities / Wireless internet connection / Separate tub and shower / Ceiling fan / Coffee/Tea maker / Air conditioning / Colour Television
- Complimentary high speed internet in room / Maid service / DSTV/ Satellite television / Slippers / Converters/ Voltage adaptors / Plunge pool / Full Kitchen
- Hairdryer / Balcony / Terrace / Internet access / Microwave / Non-smoking / Refrigerator / Safe / Sitting area
Rates – Rate based on Self Catering
Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book direct.