Ivory Wilderness River Rock Lodge
Experience the abundance of wildlife that is the Greater Kruger, Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. This vast unfenced wilderness, extending into the Kruger National Park and beyond, is home to the Big Five and astounding numbers of game that roam freely across one of the largest protected areas in the world. Become absorbed in the beauty of nature through our authentic walking trails, combined with the comfort of our luxury accommodation and amenities.
Our intimate, riverside lodge provides a truly unforgettable African experience. Enjoy a fully inclusive stay with a tailored, wholesome menu, bush dinners and sun-downers.
- Welcome to River Rock Lodge, a true pioneers camp and one of the earliest established in the surrounding wilderness. From this intimate lodge, you can connect with nature and times gone past.
- Completely unwind in one of four luxury, Kruger-style rondavels each onlooking the Klaserie river and with expansive views of the bush beyond.
- Each rondavel is decorated with their own personal touch of Old Africa where you can enjoy a perfect blend of rustic authenticity and modern luxuries.
- Each room is also equipped with an en suite bathroom that includes a shower and bathtub for you to fully relax and appreciate the tranquility of the wilderness. Enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep from the comfort of our Egyptian cotton linens, where you can drift off listening to the ambient sounds of the African night. Each rondavel is also equipped with fans and power sockets.
- View our various accommodation options and amenities by clicking on the green button.
Ivory Wilderness provides a morning and afternoon walking or driving activity in prime Big Five wilderness. Other wildlife highlights include the ever-dynamic African Wild Dogs, spotted hyena clans, towering giraffe and copious birds. Each afternoon safari concludes with an early evening night drive to search for the more nocturnal creatures. Each morning and afternoon activity is between 3 to 4 hours in length, while the walking trails average between 2 and 9 km’s in distance, bearing in mind guest fitness levels and trail activity.
- Rates are based on All Inclusive [ All guided Safaris / all meals / beverages (excluding premium drinks and levies]
- Max Guests: 2 (Max 2 adults ) per Rondavel
- Children: 5 – 12 years pay 50% of the sliding scale rate,
13 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Just click on the green button to view availability, specials, rates and book directly with the lodge.