Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve – eSwatini (Swaziland)
The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve is situated within the Lake Jozini Transfrontier Park, in the Nsubane-Pongola Transfrontier Conservation Area. Shared by South Africa and eSwatini (The Land of the Swazis), the proposed area will eventually cover 650km² and incorporate the whole of Lake Jozini.
Visit us at The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve in The Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland) with luxury lodges, tented camps, catering or self-catered accommodation. Enjoy game drives, fishing or elephanting and create life changing moments .
The Property – Self Catering Lodge
Imvubu Lodge, Royal Jozini’s number one lodge in this breathtaking game reserve, is an ultra-luxurious self-catering bush lodge home situated in the lake shore area of Royal Jozini. It epitomizes the classic “Out of Africa” experience of luxury bush living and comprises four queen bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, each with a private lounge and deck and there is an additional room with bunk beds for children. There is a tv lounge and spacious dining area, beautifully fitted and equipped kitchen with a French gas/electric stove – and a covered patio with rim flow pool, pool bar area, a boma and braai.
This exceptional lodge home features wood, glass and thatch which blends into the surrounding environment and offers wonderful game viewing from the deck.
Accommodation / Dining Room / Lounge
The self catering lodge provides accommodation with full time dedicated housekeeping staff to look after you during your self-catering stay. But do beware, you may never want to leave! At amazingly low rates for the value you get, the lodge is priced for up to 8 people. Additional children can be accommodated in the kiddies’ bunk room (up to 4 extra) at R600 pppn.
- Game Drives – Activities in the Royal Jozini include doing your own game spotting from your vehicle along the West Shore. This will need a 4×4 but your saloon car will take you on the main roads where you are just as likely to see elephant, giraffe and wildebeest (and warthog, nyala, impala, kudu and you may even spot a leopard)!
- Game Cruises – Activities at Lake Jozini include game cruises – sign up for a sunrise or sunset cruise. Unforgettable game viewing. Lake levels determine boat launching. The 2015/16 drought was severe, as dams that feed the Pongolapoort Dam virtually dried up. The Pongolapoort Dam is still recovering, so check with us on lake levels and launch possibilities.
- Bird Watching – Indulge your senses in spotting as many of the 450 resident bird species as you can!
- Bush Walkabouts – Take a hike or a stroll and breathe in the beauty! There are elephants in the non-exclusion zone of the reserve and occasionally buffalo are seen in the exclusion zone. Check with us where it is safe to take a walk.
- Mountain Biking – Pedal power rules here! (No motorbikes or quad bikes permitted. Conservation rules!) Check with us which areas are free of elephants.
- Tiger Fishing – Lake Jozini has a remarkable Tiger Fish population, a fish known to reach in excess of 9 kg. This exclusively African game-fish strikes hard and fights aggressively, making this type of fishing a favourite among adrenaline seekers. (Please note that it is illegal to catch tigers to eat and all fish are caught on a catch and release basis). With its 27 species of fish, Lake Jozini promises an excellent opportunity for passionate fishermen.
Rates – per person per night sharing
- R7 500 per night for the whole lodge – The Imvubu Lodge is a Self Catering Lodge and sleeps maximum 8 people
Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve; eSwatini