Idube Safari Lodge is set in an indigenous garden of tall trees and cool green lawns within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger; the premium conservation regions in Southern Africa. The Big 5, and other plains of game, are seen from close up during game drives in our open safari vehicles; as well as on our walking safaris. Expect only the best possible wildlife experiences in the presence of our highly professional rangers and trackers.
The lodge offers accommodation in 9 en-suite chalets as well as three private suites.
- Three private suites – There are 3 private suites, The two Makubela suites and the Leadwood suite. All feature spacious rooms and decks leading to private pools. Each room has its own well stocked mini bar, baths, inside and outside showers, hairdryer, safe and wi-fi. Guests can request their choice of mini bar drinks, which we will arrange with pleasure. Be aware that elephants frequently come close to the pools of the Makubela suites.
- Safari Chalets – The chalets are all decorated individually and also have baths, inside and outside showers, as well as private decks. Wi-fi is available, rooms have hairdryers and safes. These comfortable rooms offer a safe, cool haven between activities.
- The thatched bar and entertainment areas have an immediate appeal and are the focal areas for guests to gather. Relax in the open lounge while waiting to see which animals come wandering by.
- The lodge has a beautiful main pool. The swimming pool is well-situated for bird watching, game viewing and cooling off with a refreshing drink in hand. Idube is happy to host families of nyala and warthogs, often seen around the lodge.
- The suites each have their own pool, leading off their private deck, complete with comfortable loungers.
- There is DSTV (direct broadcast satellite service) on the TV in the lounge, separate from the other entertainment areas.
- Idube has a well equipped, air-conditioned gym. Guests enjoy using this to get over long flights, or just to keep healthy.
- Our curio shop at Idube has a variety of interesting goods, as well as branded goods to remind guests of their time at the lodge. The shop do carry some basic necessities, for those who may have missed packing an item.
Meals are special occasions. Breakfast and lunch are enjoyed at the open-air dining deck. Dinner is celebrated in the lantern lit boma or out at the bush venue. At night, guests may enjoy quiet time under the stars until the sound of drums and singing fill the air. This is followed by a delicious, traditional braai (barbeque) featuring the chef’s specialties. Our chefs create meals to remember, combining African flavours and latest gourmet trends with flair. Venison is often on the menu, and adventurous guests are eager to savour the unknown.
- Guided walks – Guests at Idube can go for a short guided walk after breakfast, this gives them a chance to see some of the smaller animals, or, on occasions, enjoy the thrill of coming across big game on foot. Please note: To go on a walking safari you must be at least 16 years old. If you are older then 65, you will need a doctor’s certificate stating that you are in good health and fit. You could walk up to 5km in each day over uneven terrain.
- Game drives – We offer an early morning game drive and a late afternoon/evening game drive. Animals are often seen from nearby – our guides handle and control sightings in a professional way. Safaris are up to 4 hours long, with a stop along the way for tea, coffee or sun-downers. Idube is well known for the frequent and excellent sightings of leopards.
Sabi Sands Game Reserve
View the Map to the Lodge: Idube Game Reserve Map
Rates / Availability / Direct Booking
Just click here to make a direct booking: https://idube.resrequest.com/reservation.php?20