The Property – Self Catering Accommodation
Hartfell Farm is set amongst the rolling hills, forests, and grasslands near Dullstroom. The farm offers lovely walks and views, and boasts three well-stocked trout dams for fly-fishing. The farm is split in half by the Kruisfontein Road. The top section is mainly grassland and the lower developed section is mainly forest, creating a unique ambience that is different to most other venues in the area.
We cater for both the family getaway with peace and privacy, as well as for the keen fisherman. There are various walks on the farm, notably the waterfall walk, either to the base or to the top of the 30 m waterfall, a river walk close to indigenous forest, and longer perimeter walks around the area. These all offer something to bird enthusiasts, especially in the summer.
Located a mere 11 km from Dullstroom, ensures that guests may enjoy the tranquility and complete privacy on the farm and yet be close enough to Dullstroom with its great pubs and shops. Three charming, fully furnished self-catering cottages are available, each with their own character to suit different tastes. Each cottage is completely separate and set in stands of very old oak and blackwood trees.
Accommodation – Hartfell Cottage – (Sleeps 10 max)
A spacious country farmhouse that opens out onto an expansive lawn, making it perfect for families.
The cottage offers a lovely view and access to one of the dams, while the other larger dams are within easy walking distance.
The unit features three bedrooms plus a sleeper couch and bunk beds, two bathrooms, an open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge area with an enormous fireplace for those cold misty days.
- Mountain Biking – The 42km Kruisfontein loop or numerous other routes can be planned. Their are also several routes on the farm. Maps available in the cottages. Bring your own mountain bike and enjoy our new scenic 12Km single track course designed to put you through your paces.
- Fly Fishing – Hartfell farm boasts five dams well stocked with Bass and Rainbow and Golden trout. Rod hire is available in Dullstroom (collect before you arrive), so there is no excuse for not having an early start and trying your luck.
- Fishing Dams – Hartfell farm boasts five dams well stocked with Bass and Rainbow and Golden trout. Rod hire is available in Dullstroom (collect before you arrive), so there is no excuse for not having an early start and trying your luck.
- Hiking – There are several trails available on the farm, why not take a hike up to our waterfall and enjoy the flora and fauna along the way. Piet the owner will be happy to answer any questions relating to any exciting finds you come across. The Kruisfontein road is also popular with runners as there is very little traffic.
- Flora and Fauna – The farm boasts 79 different species of Orchids, various buck and many nocturnal animals. Early summer mornings are a birders paradise with many species of birds to be seen
- Max Guests: 10 (Max 10 adults )
- Children: 0 – 3 years stay free,
4 – 12 years pay 50% of the sharing rate
Continue through Dullstroom and continue on to Lydenburg on the R540, 2km after Dullstroom turn right onto the Kruisfontien road which is signposted. Continue along this road for another 8km and Hartfell Farm is on your left.