Book Now / Check Availability
A Trout Farm in the Heart of the Panorama
Gunyatoo Trout Farm & Lodge is the perfect country getaway presenting a charming fly-fishing, birding and nature retreat. Nestled in the picturesque, and malaria free Rhenosterhoek valley (just off Long Tom Pass – between Lydenburg and Sabie – 40km from Nelspruit). The guest lodge is ideally positioned for access to most tourist attractions that Mpumalanga has to offer, including Kruger National Park, Pilgrims Rest, Sudwala Caves & the Panorama Route.
Accommodation [view accommodation variations under ‘itinerary’]
The thatch & stone lodge offers luxurious, yet affordable accommodation. Several refurbished suites, all with beautiful views of the surrounding pine forests. Rooms, all en-suite, have their own private patio, perfect for “feet up” early morning cuppa’s.
For those requiring self-catering, a fully equipped, four sleeper, family cottage is available as well a six sleeper log cabin, and honeymoon studio. The fisherman’s cottage, which sleeps up to six, offers a more rustic self-catering option. It is secluded at the edge of property, at the trout dams & raceways, and is ideal for group fishing trips.
For the enthusiastic fly fisherman, the farm has two stocked dams. Limited stream fishing is also available for the more experienced fisherman. Private fly fishing lessons and group clinics can be arranged on site. After a days fishing one can enjoy a drink at the bar, have a game of pool or darts and then unwind in the sauna or swimming pool. Of course should it be chilly one can warm up around roaring log fires in the lounge.
The lodge is just the place for a fishing vacation or weekend getaway, but any nature lover will find themselves in a proverbial paradise. For the sedentary tourist, relaxing on the wooden decked patio watching the abundant birdlife is a must. The Sabie area is truly a birders paradise. Not only is there a huge variety of the more common bird species, but a number of globally and nationally threatened species also occur in the area.
For those in need of exercise, on farm trails and walks to the nearby waterfalls & caves are just as enjoyable but should you require additional stimulation: Arrangements can be made for Quad Bike tours, horse riding, gorge-swinging, rafting & many more activities.
Sudwala Caves, Fanie Botha Hiking Trail, Kruger National Park, Panaroma Drive, and the Emnotweni Casino, are all within an hour’s drive. There are also a number of golf courses within a hour’s drive from Sabie, making Gunyatoo an ideal central base for a memorable golfing holiday.
- Daily rate for a specific Self Catering unit
- Dinner, bed and Breakfast is per person sharing
Just click on the green button to view unit selection, availability, rates, specials and book directly
Book Now / Check Availability
VARIOUS ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Guest Lodge Suites
- Four luxury suites (all en-suite, luxury linen, quality finishes, tea & coffee facilities).
- Communal DSTV, honesty bar, pool table, darts & board games, sauna & swimming pool.
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – check availability
- Full Board – on request
- Bed & Breakfast – on request
Self Catering F/H Cottage (sleeps 2 + 2)
- Adjacent to Lodge and close to open pool area. Fully equipped kitchen (e.g microwave, cutlery & cooking utensils, two plate stove & fridge / freezer) TV & DVD, cosy log jetmaster fireplace.
- En-suite shower, split level four sleeper (double bed downstairs and two single upstairs – can’t see, but can hear!).
- Private patio, braai area and upstairs deck. Luxury linen and towels provided. Wood can be supplied at a nominal fee. Unit serviced daily.
Self Catering Fisherman Cottage (sleeps 8 – open plan, single beds / 4 downstairs and 4 on mezzanine floor)
- Our eco friendly cottage is situated at the trout dams, alongside the raceways and is secluded at the far edge of the property.
- Basic Kitchen (gas fridge & cooker, basic cutlery & utensils), no TV, no electricity but solar assisted lights, indoor fireplace/braii area.
- Outdoor Boma Braai area & patio.
- Shower only inside with outside open air bath and shower. Bed linen and towels supplied.
- Wood & firelighters can be supplied at a nominal fee. Unit serviced daily.
Self Catering Log Cabin (sleeps 6)
- Three separate bedrooms – one full bathroom open plan dining, sitting room and kitchen)
- Large stilted wooden log cabin situated close to the main Guest Lodge and pool but well positioned for privacy.
- Bedrooms consist of King, Double and Twin beds. Linen and towels provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen, sitting area with cosy jetmaster fireplace.
- Undercover Braai area. TV & DVD player. DSTV available in main lodge entertainment area. Unit serviced daily.
Self Catering Studio (sleeps 2)
- One room wooden cottage) Fully equipped, Romantic setting – King size bed, full bathroom with kitchenette.
- No TV, DSTV available in main lodge entertainment area /pub.
- Undercover braai facilities –
- If this is a Special Occasion, don’t forget to add the Pamper Package from the extra options.
- This includes Champagne and a basket full of goodies.
- Unit serviced daily.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
* Rates – trout bag limit 2
* All long weekends – minimum stay 3 nights
* Regret no wheelchair access
* Regret no credit card facilities
* Limited cell network coverage
* We welcome children of all ages in our self catering facilities, however, children under the age of 10 years cannot be accommodated in the main guest lodge (unless by prior arrangement).
* Deposit required – 50% to secure booking if it is longer than 7 days from date of your stay. The balance becomes payable 7 days prior to arrival. 100% deposit required on single night stays, specials and arrival within 7 days.
* Cancellation Policy – 50% deposit forfeited if cancellation received within 30 to 8 days prior to your stay. Cancellation of any booking or part thereof within 7 days – 100% of balance.
* Refund Policy – Deposits refunded, at our discretion, if a booking is replaced or shifted within reasonable parameters (minus R200 admin fee).