Forest Creek nestles in a gorge of the Steenkampsburg Mountains, which is the end of the Drakensberg Mountain range. Set in a Private Nature reserve of the Mpumalanga escarpment. The gorge is softened only by a blanket of shrubs and trees which have grown in this malaria-free zone over millennia.
It is only when one gets to the gate of Forest Creek Lodge that the rock-strewn grassland is left behind, one climbs up, and up, and enter this little enchanted world. This winter come and enjoy some good food and wine snuggled in front of our log Fireplaces, and go home feeling indulged.
Historical influence is evident everywhere in Mpumalanga, from the legendary King Solomon and Queen Sheba to the ancient floating villages of Chrissiesmeer.
At Forest creek one can see the remains of ancient villages, home to Africa’s earliest peoples. They can be found everywhere, by your lodge suite, along the Hiking trails, and by the stream…
On this magnificent piece of land we hope we have catered for everyone, from Luxury guest suites at the main lodge to the Forest Cottage, Bee Eater, The Beach Cottage & Sunbird self catering options. During the cooler months, come and enjoy the Big Fireplace in the Lodge Lounge.
*Please note: to ensure your privacy, Lodge Suites are not adjoined to the main lodge, requiring a short walk to the communal lodge areas.
Forest Creek Lodge is a haven for honeymooners – celebrating your first, fifth or fiftieth, you will be inspired by the romance of this incredibly exclusive, private place.
- There are hiking trails along the stream under the canopy of trees. Treat yourself to an hour or two of relaxation in our Forest Spa.
- Wi-Fi is available on request at the Lodge, or bring your own portable 3G connector.
- Forest Creek Lodge has a selection of accommodation to suit your needs. Select the luxury lodge suites, or the self-catering options.
Included in the lodge suite rates is a 4-course dinner and breakfast.
If you take the Self Catering option, you are welcome to book meals and activities at the lodge.
Dinner is a 4 course meal – R380.00, and breakfast (full English) is R190.00 per person.
We supply firewood and charcoal.
Included in the tariff:
- Rooms serviced daily.
- Self-catering units serviced daily.
- Breakfast and supper for those who are booked into the lodge.
- Available for use is a baby camp cot and a wooden cot for those who have babies.
A wonder for the Nature lover!
- From R800 per person sharing
We are on the R36 (Schoemanskloof Bypass Road), Mpumalanga, South Africa