Welcome to our Lodge within the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate
Call of the Wild Lodge is ideally situated in the incredible surroundings of Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. Being a gateway to the Kruger National Park, we offer affordable accommodation right on the doorstep of the Kruger Park but with the added advantage of being able to cycle, walk and even horse ride in the confines and safety of the estate. Being able to do these activities, enables an interaction with wildlife that few encounter.
Call of the Wild Lodge is 12km from Hoedspruit Eastgate airport. Airport collections can be arranged at a cost of R250 a single and R300 for 2 guests. The closest entry to the Kruger National Park is the Orpen gate which is 50 minutes away.
All rooms are thatched, so have double volume ceilings. Each has a minibar fridge stocked with drinks and a snack bar. There are private, outside seating areas as well as communal areas of the main house. All are fitted with white cotton linen, mosquito nets, fluffy white towels and Africa Touch bathroom amenities. Very good wifi is available and built in cupboards with plenty of storage space. The 4 rooms are:
- Kingfisher Corner: This room is set apart from the main house. Access is gained via a private entrance from the car park. In the morning, one would walk through the garden to the veranda, where breakfast is served. The room is fitted with a queen-size bed, an en-suite bathroom with outside shower, tea- and coffee-making facilities, a bar fridge and mosquito net.
- African Hoopoe: Like Kingfisher Corner, this room is set apart from the main house. Access is gained via a private entrance from the car park. In the morning, one would walk along the wooden walkway to the veranda, where breakfast is served. The room is fitted with a king-size bed and has a single bed sleeper couch. The en-suite bathroom has both an indoor and outdoor shower. There are tea- and coffee-making facilities, a bar fridge and mosquito net.
- Hornbill Haven: This room contains a king-size bed that can be converted to two single beds, and has a bath only in the en-suite bathroom. Access is gained along a walkway around the house, onto a balcony and through a sliding door. In the morning one would walk either through the garden or back to carpark and through the front door. The room is fitted with tea- and coffee-making facilities, a bar fridge and mosquito net.
- Sunbird Suite: Sunbird Suite consists of two double rooms. Each room can either have a king size bed or two single beds and can therefore sleep four guests. The unit has a shared bathroom with both bath and shower. The room is fitted with tea- and coffee-making facilities, a bar fridge and mosquito net.
- Just click on the green button to view the various accommodation options and amenities.
Breakfast is served from 7am – 9.30am on the veranda or under the umbrella down by the pool. Seasonal fruit salad, yoghurt and cereal is followed by a full English breakfast. Vegan and vegetarians are well catered for too.
Rates: Based on Bed and Breakfast
- Children: 13 – 18 years pay R700.00
- Just click on the green button to view availability, rates, specials and book direct.