Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve – eSwatini (Swaziland)
The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve is situated within the Lake Jozini Transfrontier Park, in the Nsubane-Pongola Transfrontier Conservation Area. Shared by South Africa and eSwatini (The Land of the Swazis), the proposed area will eventually cover 650km² and incorporate the whole of Lake Jozini.
Visit us at The Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve in The Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland) with luxury lodges, tented camps, catering or self-catered accommodation. Enjoy game drives, fishing or elephanting and create life changing moments .
The Property – Self Catering Lodge
In Swaziland (the Kingdom of eSwatini) Brown’s offers tented camp accommodation inside Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve. This recently upgraded self catering tented camp is situated on the lake shore just north of the new Lake Jozini Marina area, Brown’s tented camp is nestled in amongst the acacia bushveld below the Lebombo Mountain range. With sweeping views across Pongolapoort (Jozini) Dam, it consists of four twin bedded sleeping tents with fans and plug points (and solar lights), a kitchen thatched lapa with canvas drop down blinds on a viewing deck and a two shower ablution block.
The kitchen lapa is stocked with an efficient electric fridge/ freezer, gas cooker and all cooking and dining utensils. There is also solar lighting and a dining table and chairs.
Being located close to the marina and lake, this eco-friendly tented camp is ideally situated for those wanting quick fishing access. The newly constructed concrete slipways allow easy launching for most sized boats. Being the most affordable accommodation on-site, it is perfect for a fishing weekend away with the boys or some quiet family time.
Accommodation / Dining Room / Lounge
All linen, towels and initial supply of wood for the boma are provided with a housekeeper cleaning daily. (Extra wood for the braai and boma fire can be obtained from the gate, as well as ice and a children’s guide book.)
The tented camp ablution block is thatched and consists of 2 separate bathrooms with toilet, shower and basin in each. Each bathroom has its own gas geyser for the supply of hot water.
- Game Drives – Activities in the Royal Jozini include doing your own game spotting from your vehicle along the West Shore. This will need a 4×4 but your saloon car will take you on the main roads where you are just as likely to see elephant, giraffe and wildebeest (and warthog, nyala, impala, kudu and you may even spot a leopard)!
- Game Cruises – Activities at Lake Jozini include game cruises – sign up for a sunrise or sunset cruise. Unforgettable game viewing. Lake levels determine boat launching. The 2015/16 drought was severe, as dams that feed the Pongolapoort Dam virtually dried up. The Pongolapoort Dam is still recovering, so check with us on lake levels and launch possibilities.
- Bird Watching – Indulge your senses in spotting as many of the 450 resident bird species as you can!
- Bush Walkabouts – Take a hike or a stroll and breathe in the beauty! There are elephants in the non-exclusion zone of the reserve and occasionally buffalo are seen in the exclusion zone. Check with us where it is safe to take a walk.
- Mountain Biking – Pedal power rules here! (No motorbikes or quad bikes permitted. Conservation rules!) Check with us which areas are free of elephants.
- Tiger Fishing – Lake Jozini has a remarkable Tiger Fish population, a fish known to reach in excess of 9 kg. This exclusively African game-fish strikes hard and fights aggressively, making this type of fishing a favourite among adrenaline seekers. (Please note that it is illegal to catch tigers to eat and all fish are caught on a catch and release basis). With its 27 species of fish, Lake Jozini promises an excellent opportunity for passionate fishermen.
Rates – R2 500 per night for the whole Tented Camp – The Tented Camp sleeps maximum 8 people
Royal Jozini Private Game Reserve; eSwatini